cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missin gport forward option in router

Adrian_K

missin gport forward option in router

Hi,
I have a technicolor TG582n (V10.2.2.B) supplied by PN but doesn't give me the option to port forward as I want to set up a public area on my NAS.
Has the FW been restricted by PN?
thanks,
Adrian
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: missin gport forward option in router

I had no problem sharing ports on my old 582n router (I run my own web and email servers)
You are in the right place looking at your screenshot - which port number were you looking to forward ?
Adrian_K

thanks Dom,
Just port 80 for photo sharing.  Just tried a restart on the off chance but that didn't work either...
A
picbits
Rising Star

I have a feeling Port 80 is classes as the HTTP (or Web server) port on the list of games and applications (I don't have my 582n hooked up at the moment so I can't grab a screen shot). I know for a fact that PN don't restrict you on this as I've hosted my own web servers on port 80 since joining.
I would however suggest if you want to keep your sharing slightly more secure to use a different port i.e. 5031 or something random and map it to port 80 on your device internally - that way anything trawling the net for open ports / sites may get bored before it discovers your device.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9