(midnight) latency up to old tricks

James
Grafter

Re: latency up to old tricks

Yep, shall do.
paulby
Grafter

is it case of them sending one icmp packet to those boxes you have off sam knows or do they send multiplue packets and take the average each hour?

As far as I can tell they average out multiple pings over the hour. 
If you look at the bottom of the screenshot I posted you'll see figures for the minimum, maximum and average for the past 24 hours.  The max is 147ms and the min 43.5ms. It looks like the 147 contributed to the high spike at 1am.
James
Grafter

We're picking up the mis-prioritisation debate internally again.
Dave and Carl are looking into it from our side.
scootie
Grafter

nice to see once some data that will be used by samknows an ofcom surfaces things start to happen  Smiley .
only messing i knew it would take more than 2 people on the same exchange seeing the issue for it to be looked at from a diffrent angle
scootie
Grafter

The max is 147ms and the min 43.5ms. It looks like the 147 contributed to the high spike at 1am.

It must not ping every second like ive had ping plotter doing as my line spikes up to 150ms (even higher) very often in the first hour after midnight and thats from a normal 16ms.
So if the sample rate on samknows best was more fequent i reckon it would of caught alot higher ping than that on your interleaved line.
But am so glad that it has shown an increase at the same time and stoped me having to shout what was plain as day to me that it wasnt exchange related
Am sorry to say PN, but i told you so   Tongue
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Get on pcl-ag04 tonight and see what happens with the ping this evening, if it's same we know it's the exchange.
If it's normal then it isn't misprioritisation, it's something either something else deeper in the ERX config or we're hitting the BT policer so it's dropping packets BT side rather than buffering them our side (which should be fixed tonight by normalising the bandwidth across both sites and no longer using the BT burst capacity)
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
scootie
Grafter

The early slight raise in latency on the 6 hour cap upto 8.45pm is where am watching tvcatchup.
edit. typical the half hour where i dont want pingplotter to shutdown on me it does.
last cap added am off to dust off me xbox. YEPI  Smiley
dannykos
Grafter

last night was about the best it's ever been on 21CN, or for that matter, Plusnet in general!  Blistering speeds - great pings… WOOHOOOO!!!
PN, just freeze all new signups so I can enjoy the relatively clear pipes for a while Smiley
scootie
Grafter

latency like this yet again even on pcl-ag04.
not impressed one bit. seriously am thinking of geting my mac and doing one now
edit. thn-ag2 looks ok. still the odd wee spike now and then but miles better than pcl-ag04
scootie
Grafter

scrap that last glowing report on thn-ag2. thats now lookin like a game of tetris to  Cry
one week from now am givin PN and BTw to get this sorted and them am off ski's to a LLU ISP that wont have BTw in the middle of my connection.
if you make head away with this issue next week (ie get BTw to check the end of the pipe ect) and find the cause but cant put a fix in straight away i may extend the time am willing to put up with this issue.
But i am ceratainly not going a month like last time during the trail and defo not to find the issue was never fixed in the first place like before.
your well and truly in the dog house at the moment with me PN network
qwerty
Grafter

Hi Asbo
May i suggest you give up and move on life's to short.
I to had throughput issues,after a couple of weeks on the trial .  Early May
I changed to 21CN,what a joke,to much to go into now,see my tickets
Anyhow I gave up after weeks of plusnets excuses and runarounds
Would not had been so bad had someoneactually noticed and acted
on my posts, but no action at all!
So I moved on. I am now with o2 on their 20meg LLU network,
what a difference it works!
Date  Download Speed  Upload Speed 
Today 17:50 9851 kbps (1.23MB/s) 1133 kbps (142kB/s) Share
Today 17:28 9866 kbps (1.23MB/s) 1132 kbps (142kB/s) Share
Today 07:27 9455 kbps (1.18MB/s) 1130 kbps (141kB/s) Share
Netgear DG824GT , DGteam firmware,
  Connection Speed
  11544 kbps
  1325 kbps
      Line Attenuation
      41.0 db
      25.4 db
      Noise Margin
      2.3 db
      2.9 db
Later
scootie
Grafter

am not bothered about throughput, am on a 50db atten line. i knew before i switched to 21cn that my sync rates would be no better than max preminum gave me. ad be happy to be syncing at the full 24,000kbps and have my profiles set at 2mb any way
am a serious xbox gamer thoe and do most my gaming between 11pm and 4am so the latency between midnight and 2am is a pain in the rear for me. i dont want to have to move on from PN thoe as the traffic mangment is why i picked PN and my year on BBYW3 i never had an issue full stop.
most of what i say is threats to lamely try and get the network guys to poke BTw a better harder, but there is point where i will move to BE to get gaming again.
Sorry to hear you had issues that wasnt picked up PN's normal manor, my self dont use the normal ticket and fone support as PN give you better unoffical routes to contact the right person for the issue you have
qwerty
Grafter

Hi Asbo
Ok it's your call,
All I am saying is after many happy years with Plusnet,
in  the middle of March , Something went tits up with my speed,
I did all my checks my end,no problems,
However trying to convince them was another matter
I know the problem was not their end,neither was it my end,
That just left the exchange and the rest of the network , ok fine.
I could not even get them to reset my Dslam to rule it out!
The point is no one even tried to sort my problem out
,just needless hoops to jump through.
Remember BT own Plusnet, they have no power or interest anymore

scootie
Grafter

any body else on 21cn adsl2+, if your reading this between midnight and 2am on date of post can you please check your pings to bbc.co.uk and post the results.
thanks
thn-ag2 capture to follow and the first 2 mins is shocking, max ping stands at 168ms  and average at 70ms Shocked
EDIT.
think 5 mins on thn-ag2 proves that the diffrence between the 2 gateways being so big means its defo not my exchange at fault, correct me if am wrong PN.
scootie
Grafter

ok even better proof that its gateway related, time to sort out the host links me thinks PN and dont let BTw bully you.
let me know when you think you've sorted it out, am done with this testing now.