cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messed about with install date

itswils

messed about with install date

I would like to get some futher confirmation on my install date please as per ticket 87082483. I was originally told via email that my intall vist date would be the afternoon slot on friday 20.6.14. Now I am reciving various other dates being quoted that are not accepable. Can we stick to the original aggred date please as this the only one I can accommodate.  I was hoping for a hassle free experience when switching to plusnet fibre. Doughts however are starting to sink in ,  have I made the right choice........ I may cancel and go back to sky
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: messed about with install date

Hi itswils,
I'm really sorry this wasn't explained on the ticket for you but unfortunately an engineer visit on the 20th wasn't possible. If we were to change the date of the installation at this stage it would push this further back beyond the booking made for the soonest possible date which is the 23rd.
The booking for the 20th mentioned on ticket 86747091 was described as provisional and as such wasn't confirmed. I will be passing on some feedback about how we broached this with you over ticket responses as I believe we could have been clearer.
Please let me know if there are any particular dates you'd like us to try and aim for for a new booking.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
itswils

Thanks Adam. To be honest if you are naming dates in mail and not meeting them then that is very lame indeed. Yes there were the words provisional in the booking but this reads that its in place unless I notify its not suitable for me. Not exactly wise words are they. Anyway if you cannot honour the date I will need a weekend slot can you do am sat 21st June. Other than that my earliest availability would be and afternoon slot on 4.7.14 waiting that long is not acceptable as due the change to plus net my sky broadband and phone will cease on the 23.6.14 I don't want to be 2 wks without service.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi itswils,
I'm sorry for the delay in your services activating with Plusnet.
Unfortunately engineers appointments are only available on weekdays. To stop you from being without service I can delay both the phone transfer and FTTC installation date until 4/7/2014. Please let me know if this date is suitable for yourself and I'll book that in for you.
itswils

To be honest I find it rather strange that open reach will not install at weekends especially as I have seen there vans and engineers at cabin dates near me on a saturday morning. However that aside it seems I have no choice but to hang out for the afternoon on the 4/7/14. I can only accommodate Friday afternoons due to work commtments . So far for a company that makes a lot of noise about customer service I feel its falling flat. Yes I have had responses but no true acceptable resolution just excuses. How can it be confirmed that I will not be without services for two weeks. I have already received a termination letter from sky stating that thier service to me will cease by 23.6.14  this really is leaving me with serious doubt about plus net.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

to be honest your being a little unfair here a lot of this has to do with BTO it's their call as to when dates for engineers are set Plusnet have no control over that they can only request.
i didn't get my asked for install date either and such had a week of no service before i was up and running on fibre it's the way it is what with BTO being the ones in charge on that side of things, that said I have found the Plusnet DCT great in dealing with stuff once you are up and running I may not like that they rely on the Automated DLM system for things but their hands are also tied in that regard as well. 
itswils

Terranova67 all cooments and feedback is apreciated however as for being unfiar no not really. After all I was originally sent a mail stating the date of the install. Now the exuse given that the mail states that this is a provisinal booking. Provisional of what ? come on its quite easy in the modern age the computer system is ethier boooked or not .
  If provisional now means un confirmed, then why even bother highlighting a date at all , that is misleading to the customer.  So as I have been misled I expect as the customer that has already paid up front for a service that it rectified.
Now yes I understand this is not always easy , however perhaps a note something along the lines of .` we will recheck the booking sytem with openreach to see if there are any openings or cancellations that may meet the original date'  wouldnt be a bad line or course of action to take ,
! Im not trying to be harsh but maybe my expectations are too high.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi itswils,
Thanks for getting back to us. I have submitted the request to amend the date for your transfer to Plusnet to 04/07/2014 and your FTTC engineer's appointment to 04/07/2014 between 1PM and 6PM. We should confirm if this has been successful in the next 24-48 working hours.
As stated in Ticket: 87082483 this amendment will trigger the updated date to be sent to your current supplier so that they amend the date that their services cease. If you would like to check that this has been done on their side then please give them a call so that you receive confirmation from them that your services will not cease on the 23rd as originally set.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
itswils

Thank you Linn I guess paitents is a virtue that I will have to love. I will give it 24hrs then give sky a buzz for the confirmation of the situation. I will of course feedback the info I get from their side.
Cheers