cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mains powered off twice a day now ADSL <1Mbs

echodale

mains powered off twice a day now ADSL <1Mbs

We are having electrical work done at home, to enable safe working the power is taken down.  This seems to have made the ADSL retrain to a really slow speed and I just need it put back to where it was.  However PlusNet do not make it easy to log a ticket to raise this issue.
I had to go through the pain of the troubleshooter wizard which asks questions about what the router lights are doing when my broadband resets, uhhh they are not doing anything because the power is off, it also asks whether the reset occurs randomly or at specific times, at that point I gave up (there is no not applicable option).  It also asks you to plug into the master socket , change filters etc.  but that is irrelevant in my situation.  So in essence if you are forcing users to use a wizard to open a support ticket you need to make sure the wizard works for all scenarios. 
3 REPLIES 3
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: mains powered off twice a day now ADSL <1Mbs

Hopefully a member of plusnet support will pick this up, if not pop to live chat via the contact us.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

are you disconencting the router gracefully or just waiting until the mains is switched off?
if it's the later I suggest you gracefully disconnect in future through your routers web interface.
for now when the work is done you'll need to leave it alone and when dlm sees the line is stable sort itself out, unless you've been banded or snr target raised.
but you'll need to wait for the work to be completed.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

What the above post means is,
Log in  to the routers set up page at http://192.168.1.254/ or something similar : The log in details should  be printed on the underside of the router
Log in with yser name and password : also  printed on the undesrside of the router
Where is says in the log in page  , "connected, "click disconnect
wait 5 minutes
Then turn off the mains power
If you are having electrical work done do not turn  the router on again until the work is completed