cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailbox doesn't download to Outlook Express

shellbell

mailbox doesn't download to Outlook Express

I set up a couple of mailboxes today.  One works fine & sends emails to OE or Outlook if I want. However the others just won't work.  OE keeps throwing up that box asking for user name & password.  I've set up the accounts in exactly the same way in OE & am tearing my hair out!
One point which may be relevant - I had mailboxes set up with the same names as the new ones which won't work, but I hadn't used them for years & they were archived. So I deleted them & then set up new ones with same names - could this be problem?
8 REPLIES 8
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: mailbox doesn't download to Outlook Express

How long ago did you create the new mailboxes as it can take 4 or more hours before they become active. In some cases I have had to wait 24 hours before they work.
shellbell

They were all set up this afternoon - one after the other.  Thats why I can't understand that 1 works, but the others don't.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Can you login to the mailbox using webmail? If not wait a while longer (i.e. 'til tomorrow) and try again.
shellbell

I've looked at webmail, but can't see anything & to be honest I don't know how to find specific mailbox in webmail - so I'm not sure I'm checking up properly.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Login to webmail by entering username+mailboxname in the Name box and the password that goes with that mailbox in the Password box.
David
shellbell

The ones that don't work come up with unknown user or password incorrect.
The one that works though was literally set up 30 seconds before!
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

As I said earlier, some can take longer to set-up - why I have no idea - but they do.
Try again in the morning with webmail.
shellbell

Thanks for your help.  I actually got so frustrated I deleted mailbox & reset it up.  It worked in about 30 seconds flat!!  Computers who says they don't have a mind of their own!