cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loyalty discount

joncooper
Grafter

Re: loyalty discount

Hi Mark, any chance of an answer to the two questions in the opening post then?
Mark
Grafter

Sorry Jon I thought someone had answered those earlier in the thread.
1. will this affect the 'legacy' contract I'm on now?
(I'm on "PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1", I do not want to change to BBYW, more peak time
)
No. We wont ask you to change products. You can remain on your current product
2. I'm currently on a monthly contract, will this change me to annual or will it revert to monthly after the 12 months
?
It will revert to monthly at the end of the offer period.
HTH

joncooper
Grafter

thanks Mark, some had guessed, but admitted it was just a guess and I'd rather have it official
lingbob
Grafter

Quote from: Mark
Hi all.
Basically, we have run a limited trial with this offer to guage interest and uptake and evaluate feedback. We will analyse the value of this offer this week and decide the next step.

Although I don't appear to have qualified for this offer, I'm certainly interested in anything which would reduce my (and others') monthly expenditure. Perhaps you could give some thought to the possibilty of making a similar offer to your over 60's customers.
Regards .....
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: road
possibilty of making a similar offer to your over 60's customers.

That would be ageist. Why should service cost be based on someone age, not their usage.
Chilly
lingbob
Grafter

I take it you're not in favour of free local bus travel, free prescriptions, cheap local rail travel, pension credits, rent benefit, council tax benefit and .. and .. and ... for the over 60's.
Regards .....
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I take it you're not in favour of free local bus travel, free prescriptions, cheap local rail travel, pension credits, rent benefit, council tax benefit and .. and .. and ... for the over 60's.
Regards .....

The difference is though that these are aided (for the most part) by government/local council. PlusNet wouldn't get any funding in that respect to make an over 60s package, and it wouldn't bring them in many new customers using it as a selling point (that's how I see it, anyway).
chillypenguin
Grafter

I am sure that I will change my mind in a few years  Wink
But I do not see why commercial services should discriminate based on age.
Chilly
lingbob
Grafter

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
Regards .....

The difference is though that these are aided (for the most part) by government/local council. PlusNet wouldn't get any funding in that respect to make an over 60s package,

Well yes, you're probably right about that and I hadn't thought about it in that light. However, using an argument already put forward regarding the "loyalty bonus", PN would be assured of the "Senior Citizen's" business for the length of the contract.
and it wouldn't bring them in many new customers using it as a selling point (that's how I see it, anyway).

Have to disagree there, sorry  Smiley
Regards .....
lingbob
Grafter

Quote from: chillypenguin

Rest assured, you will change your mind  Grin

At least one well known energy supplier do.
Regards .....
mjtuohy
Grafter

This offer should be  sent to customers who have been with + for a long time ie me. (over 4 years,) Rather than peeps who change their supplier every few month's. Although my family may use a bit more D/L allowance. We will stay with + unless we feel we are being taken for granted. Which is how I feel at the moment.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I've been with PlusNet since the end of 2003 and haven't received any offer. However, I started on Home Surf then went to PAYG and am now on Option 1 with extra bandwidth, each time reducing my payment by at least £3 per month as I'm a relatively light user.
It seems I'm now on monthly contract too but I would have no problem being put back to yearly just to get a further discount!!!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: chillypenguin
Chilly

I think people should get free broadband at same time as they get free TV licence  Smiley
Not that I'm biased in any way  Wink

joncooper
Grafter

for information, since I don't know why I qualified ~
I have been with plus since 14/09/2002 (so just over 5 years)
I use about 8Gb peak and 12Gb off peak per month (average)
Almost no downtime, very few issues, pretty much a happy customer
(well, apart from the bit where I was sold 'unlimited' but that's been done to death now)
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: PJ
If you want to campaign for the Government to pay for broadband with a select few providers for anyone above retirement age, good luck to you. I can't really see any advantage to society doing so though.

There was a  Smiley after my comment but they could add easily add it as annual payment to our winter fuel allowance.
Perhaps I should use 10 Downing Street site to start online petition  Wink
On second thoughts the success of the other petitions about broadband like this one promoted by ComputerActive isn't inspiring  Sad