Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loyalty discount

joncooper
Grafter

loyalty discount

so, I can get £5 a month off my bill if I agree to stay for 12 months
1. will this affect the 'legacy' contract I'm on now?
(I'm on "PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1", I do not want to change to BBYW, more peak time)
2. I'm currently on a monthly contract, will this change me to annual or will it revert to monthly after the 12 months?
111 REPLIES 111
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: loyalty discount

What's this all about?
I have had a monthly account for the last few weeks on BBYW3 - can I signup for a year, save £5/month and get my free router (plus P&P)?
What's the catch?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

joncooper
Grafter

yup, it's a loyalty discount, hence the thread title
PJ: the only 'terms and conditions' I can find are ~
There are no complicated terms and conditions or hidden catches, all you have to do to take advantage of this offer is agree to stay with us for the next 12 months.

joncooper
Grafter

I am likely to take the offer up, I have been here over 5 years now and see no need to move, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to change too much about my contract
I do not want BBYW because of the peak time increase
Julie
Grafter

Hi,
I received this e-mail as I have been with plusnet for many years.
If you click on the link in the e-mail it will take you to the help wizard on the main site so you can request this by ticket.
This is what it says
To request your £5 discount off your monthly broadband subscription for the next 6 months, click on the link below and follow the instructions. Your discount will be applied from your next invoice date.
Note that by completing the form to receive your discount you agree to enter into a 12-month contract on your Broadband service.

It seems to me that as I have been here for such a long time and I am now on a monthly contract, to reward me and give me £5 off for the next 6 months they want me to enter into a 12 month contract and I will only receive the £5 off for 6 months...
Well thanks for the offer Plusnet but that does not sound like a good deal for Loyalty to me...
VileReynard
Hero

So a bit of a bad taste for everyone?
If they wish to reward past loyalty they should simply offer the reward unconditionally.
If they wish to reward future loyalty it would be appropriate to make it conditional on a minimum contract length.

mjtuohy
Grafter

At least you have the choice. I have been with +net since 2003 but have not recieved this offer.( Makes you feel a bit unloved.) I suppose this has only been sent to light users. Me, with 3 children  always on line, when not at school/ collage. Not a light user but not outside the D/L  limit of my product either.
LiamM
Grafter

PUG queried this and we can confirm that after the initial 12 month commitment, the contract will revert to monthly.
Julie
Grafter

Hi Liam,
Then why bother with the 12 month contract in the first place, why not reward loyal customers who have been here such a long time without having to enter into this 12 month contract.
Even better give them free broadband for 6 months, now that would really reward them for their loyalty.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

PlusNet are a business and most businesses don't just give money away. PlusNet are rewarding loyal customers with a discount but at the same time guaranteeing that they receive income for 12 months to offset the discount being given.
There are often strings attached - just consider the carphone warehouse 'free' broadband offer which requires users to stay for 18 months, thus giving them a guaranteed income and the possibility of earning more money from offering additional services. It is often much easier to sell services (and thus earn additional income) to existing customers than to non-customers.
Also the cost of keeping existing customers is often a lot less that attracting new ones.
VileReynard
Hero

Then why not offer it as a "bonus" to all existing customers (i.e. me!).

atbs1
Grafter

Well I certainly did not get the offer - and I ve been a subcriber since 2000!
lingbob
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
AFAIK This has been offered to a limited number of customers who have been with PlusNet for a set time period.
The arrangement is a loyalty discount.

I would be very interested to learn what criteria have to be met to qualify for this offer.
Regards .....
Original_Design
Grafter

I have been asking similar questions on this thread:-
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,957.0.html
with no substantive response from anyone at PN towers . . .
I got the offer email, I'm on MN Option 2 (1mb IPStream, 2GB included for £13.75) 1 month contract, signed up about 4 years ago and occasionaly pay a pound or 2 extra for usage over the included amount.
Alastair
Mark
Grafter

Hi all.
Basically, we have run a limited trial with this offer to guage interest and uptake and evaluate feedback. We will analyse the value of this offer this week and decide the next step.
As Peter mentioned earlier, we need to ensure that this offer is attractive to customers and viable for us as a business.
At present I can give no indication as to how we will proceed but I can asssure you that there will be one or two calculators whirring and spreadsheets completed before we decide anything.