Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low upload speed

FIXED
kheyes
Hooked

low upload speed

Had a problem recently with bad line on the top of the poll but was fixed and the problems of connection dropping and slow download was resolved.   It seems though my upload is stuck at 443 noise margin 32-33 range, I was able to get over double that in Oct.  The helpdesk says my SNR is set to 6 (which is what my download noise margin is, and gets 18k on the modem).    I've already been told that my upload is uncapped so I assume it is related to the SNR setting.   Is there something else I need to check into or notify someone of?

karl 

2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: low upload speed

Fix

@kheyes  That certainly looks like a capped upload speed. You need to find a customer service person who has a clue, if they tell you it is uncapped ask why is the noise margin so high? Maybe the setting is stuck somewhere in the system and is reporting an incorrect status.

kheyes
Hooked

Re: low upload speed

First person I spoke to was just really following a standard script on the matter.  I rang back later and the chap I spoke to somehow triggered an update where the the connection restarted and the margin for upload went from 33 to 6 and the rate went to 1200, download stayed mostly the same. Seems to be stable, time will tell.

So you may just need to get back in the queue again to get someone else to look at it.

karl.