cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lots of work done on the line am i on the right profile?

psyfy
Dabbler

lots of work done on the line am i on the right profile?

Hello community, i first joined plusnet after Bethere sold out to Ughhh SKY,
unfortunately i am quite rural and when i first moved in the phones barely worked 5 engineers later 2 new masts and a whole lot of disruption i now have a grade A line, my speed has increased as a result, before i would be lucky to get a stable 2mb connection for more than 20mins at a time.
But i believe my line is now capable of a little more than what im getting.
this is what im currently getting, my speed has slowly been increasing, but seems to stop at around 6000/832 sync speed.

Type Interleave Path
  Status SHOWTIME

Downstream Upstream
  Data rate(Kbps)
5664Kb/832Kb
  Noise Margin
6/10
  Output power(dBm)
124/200
  Attenuation(dB)
49/31
am i stuck on a low end profile?
can i be tried on the middle tier?
kind regards psy.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: lots of work done on the line am i on the right profile?

Your line is performing pretty much where I'd expect speed wise from the reported attenuation, it's also well above the estimates of 1-3.5Mb! At the moment your line is on what's known as ADSL1 on 21CN, I'd like to move you to ADSL2+ on 21CN, this might give you a very slight increase in speed. It's free to do this and it should complete tomorrow.
I wouldn't expect drastic changes as your line is pretty much at the limits of what I'd expect.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
psyfy
Dabbler

as far as im aware the routing to the exchange has been shortened quite a lot. i look forward to seeing if moving over to adsl2+ increases it, i only just became aware i was still stuck on the old limited system. it would certainly be nice to have a meg upstream again.
many thanks.
Chris
Legend

Let us know how the line stats are looking tomorrow after the upgrade has completed, hopefully there'll be some improvement.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
psyfy
Dabbler

Type Interleave Path
  Status SHOWTIME

Downstream Upstream
  Data rate(Kbps)
5688Kb 840Kb
  Noise Margin
6 4
  Output power(dBm)
128 197
  Attenuation(dB)
55 28
I see a slight improvement over all most notably the noise margin, speed seems to be slowly creeping up. i may be imagining this though, can you confirm the switch has been made.
many thanks Psy.
Chris
Legend

Yep, that's showing as complete now. Let us know if you have any issues with this.