cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lots of disconnecting

Den
Grafter

lots of disconnecting

Plenty of disconnects the last couple of days have to reboot my router each time , dont have a noisy line also dont have a master socket to test router any suggestions would be appreicated.
Thanks.
Den.
11 REPLIES 11
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: lots of disconnecting

Hi Den,
Can you please post the data requested in the speed issues thread?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Den
Grafter

Connection
Link Information
Uptime:0 days, 0:32:43DSL Type:ITU-T G.992.1Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:448 / 5.120Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:10,29 / 150,03Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12,3 / 19,9Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:27,0 / 48,5SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:20,0 / 6,1System Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / ----Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote):BDCM / TSTCLoss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / -Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / -Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / -Loss of Link (Remote):-Error Seconds (Local/Remote):116 / -FEC Errors (Up/Down):253 / 12.445CRC Errors (Up/Down):51 / 3.368HEC Errors (Up/Down):- / 79.558
Thanks
Den.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Den
Connection Link Information
Uptime:0 days, 0:32:43
DSL Type:ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:448 / 5.120
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:10,29 / 150,03
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12,3 / 19,9
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:27,0 / 48,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:20,0 / 6,1
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote):BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote):-
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):116 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down):253 / 12.445
CRC Errors (Up/Down):51 / 3.368
HEC Errors (Up/Down):- / 79.558

Formatted to be readable.  Can you also do the BT wholesale further diagnostics test.
Have you tried a different filter?  You must have a master socket, though it might not have a test socket.  Did you look at the test socket link on the speed issues thread?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Den
Grafter

Sorry I do have a master socket  test socket isnt wired, only have ipad doesnt support flash player for BT wholesale.
will try another filt3r when disconnects next  time.

Thanks.
Den.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Dan,
Do you mean that the removable face plate has no wires connected to it?
Suggest you raise a fault report here http://faults.plus.net

Den
Grafter

Townman, thanks for the link have now reported the problem, when connection is lost the Internet light on router goes and stays red I have to reboot this is happening severals times a day and night.
Have changed filter also.
Thanks
Den.
mseries
Grafter

I'm getting similar problems, been doing so far a few days
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Miseries,
Going around other people's threads saying "me too" helps neither the thread owner nor yourself.  If you are looking for help, please start your own thread and provide within it all of the details requested in the speed issues. Thread at the top of the forum.
@Den,
Sorryfor misspelling your name.  Embarrassed
A red internet light (are you using the TG582n ?) sounds like an authentication failure problem, or possibly a semi-faulty router.  There was a spate of issues reported where these routers showed a red light when they were otherwise (apparently) working ok.
Do let us know how the fault ticket progresses.
Kevin

Den
Grafter

Hello Townman,
Yes I have the TG582n with latest firmware 10.x.x.B
Will let you know the outcome of the fault, good news so far first time this morning didn't have to reboot to connect to Internet.
Thanks again.
Den.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Den,
I can see that between Thursday and Sunday was pretty bad for disconnections on your line, however since Saturday afternoon this has settled down. Keep an eye on it and let us know if the problems start up again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Den
Grafter

Chris so far so good since sunday, will keep you posted
thanks
Den.