Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looks like my fttc down

darklight1
Grafter
Fixes: 1

looks like my fttc down

Good morning all, my FTTC went down late last night around 11.30pm, I wasn't going to mess with it at that time so I left till this morning, what I tried is swap the router from my asus router back to the plusnet router, that didn't work, so I just tried swapping that dsl modem, didn't fix it so not sure what else I can do now can any help plzz
Using mobile data to post this.
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: looks like my fttc down

@darklight1 is the ASUS a combined modem/router? Which unit do you have connected currently, and is your Plusnet unit a Hub1 or Hub2?

John
darklight1
Grafter

Not a combined modem router, its one if the old BT openreach modems, and I have a plusnet technicolor router, but I usually use a asus rt ax58u router normally.
jab1
Legend

OK. In that case:-

It sounds very much like you have a problem - most likely not in your home/office environment, but more likely in the BT/OR network.

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey there @darklight1

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. Super busy in Plusnet HQ at the moment. Can you just confirm it's all resolved now after the outage?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
darklight1
Grafter

All working again, it came back on 24 hours from after it went down, think it was down all of my area, thats what i was told.

Getting my full speed, 74.19 down 17.06 up, with speedtest.net

jab1
Legend

Glad to hear that. Did you try my suggestions, though - if you had, you may have got your answer earlier?

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Awesome, glad it's back up and running. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
darklight1
Grafter

No i just called plusnet found out that was.