Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last chance plusnet

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: last chance plusnet

Yes there have been some problems and I can understand your loss of patience. However I still think the best (and quickest) way to get this resolved would be to phone up (as CRT aren't here until Monday). At the moment I still think you are likely to get better service here than with any other provider.
If you don't fancy the queue, ring later tonight. You can check the call queue at http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can you please advise whether you have tried removing the  removable lower faceplate
The reason for asking is that it may just be a dodgy master socket
Assuming that you have when the lower faceplate was removed were all the other sockets in the house dead and did the symptoms persist
stormchaser2005
Grafter

the lower faceplate has been removed and replaced with one that has a built in filter. The only other socket I have has never worked as it has never been connected up although the wiring is there. Before I replaced the faceplate I had the router plugged directly into the test socket and pn did in fact test the line with that set up and it had 11 drops in 72 hours
stormchaser2005
Grafter

anotherone.... I have tried. The last conversation I had was when they decided it would be better to send a phone engineer and they expected me to return home early from holiday to accommodate that. This was after I wasted the first day waiting for an engineer who didn't show followed by the journey from hell up the M6 which took 8 hours, twice as long as normal, which wouldn't have happened had I not wasted my time waiting and instead just left early. I cannot accommodate another engineer visit until january because I cannot have any more time off due to volumes at work. I made the original appointment in september and made it very clear that it would be a one chance only appointment as I could not take any more time off work, their attitude was tough, we can't help you then. Oddly enough I managed to get a MAC off them in less than 24 hours. You're probably right, they are all equally as rubbish when it comes to customer disservice but on principal I don't want to give plusnet any more of my hard earned cash. I want the issue fixed so I can walk away and not have to deal with them again
Anotherone
Champion

Hi again. I understand, The trouble is if you end up getting an agent that's a bit clueless, customers end up getting upset before the right things happen.
The only reason that the engineer would need access would be to replace the master socket. Is there anyone you could trust with your keys to allow an engineer in to do that?
stormchaser2005
Grafter

I have dogs and with the new laws in place trusting ANYONE to come in whilst I am not here just isn't an option. I know they are not aggressive but with a stranger in their home they would bark and someone else's perception could be very different. I will not put my dogs at risk because someone has felt intimidated and reported them. I rang plusnet last night and was told again that there was nothing they could do, they also commented on the fact I already have a MAC the implication being I should just use it, I hung up whilst he was still talking. The master socket is just 2 wires, I might just change it myself!! Angry
Anotherone
Champion

Did you ask for the banding to be removed or a line reset (&/or the supervisor)?
If you did and got nowhere, this is totally unacceptable by Plusnet. I've been reading too many reports of this sort of attitude by some agents of late. At least CRT will be able to listen to the call and provide "feedback" to the agent(s) involved, but my suspicion is that managers and supervisors need to make all agents aware such an attitude is unacceptable. Whether or not you have got a MAC is irrelevant, whilst your service is still with Plusnet, they are totally responsible for dealing with any issues and faults. Failure to do so is a breach of contract.
I'll drop you a PM.
stormchaser2005
Grafter

I didn't get that far  Sad I was just so fed up with this attitude and had an overwhelming urge to give detailed instructions on which orifice he could stick his head that I felt it better to just hang up. As frustrating as they are the service is simply a product of plusnet training and nobody deserves to be abused at work
Anotherone
Champion

True, I don't suppose they retested the line for you? (depends on who was in.). It should be possible to get CRT to do that tomorrow and remove the banding/reset the line in any event irrespective. PM on it's way.
Anotherone
Champion

Right, hopefully this is going to get looked at very soon and the banding removed in the first instance, and whilst no phone is plugged in further line testing to see if this intermittent fault is showing or not.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi stormchaser2005,
I am very sorry to see the problems that you've experienced. If it's ok with you, I'd like to concentrate on getting the fault resolved first, and then I'll get the customer service that you've (not) experienced looked into. I've moved your ticket into my personal control and I hope to have more news for you in a few minutes.
For now, all I can say is that your telephone line tests passed, and that your line isn't banded. I've been testing the line for what seems like an age so I'm hoping that we won't be waiting too long.

Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
stormchaser2005
Grafter

Tony I am going to pm you
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
Thanks for your time on the phone. I can only apologise again for the problems you've had. I've created a ticket on your account so that I can investigate exactly why problems happened in the first place. I'm pleased you've now got the speeds back now.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
stormchaser2005
Grafter

Thankyou for such a quick response this morning  Smiley