cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just the name site

puddy
Grafter

just the name site

I don’t get a free .co.uk account and plusnet host my name/web site.
Why is my web domain dearer with plusnet than it would be by just using just-the-name service yet they are both owned by plusnet?
Michael
account=mjr99
3 REPLIES 3
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: just the name site

Raised a long time ago!  See PUGIT 13  raised 21/7/2006.
A long litany of "Very important";  "Real soon now"  responses - but it is still an open issue.  C'mon guys hows about an answer?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ianwild
Grafter

We should already be offering everyone £1 a month domains via Plusnet. £12 a year (including hosting) is probably the best we can do for a .uk domain currently as there are costs associated with the Plusnet domains system that we don't have on PAYH. Get in touch with support on that one Puddy, and if you haven't been offered it let me know and I will go and see if we can re-iterate that offer within the support team.
Overhauling our whole domain system and pricing on Plusnet has been something that's been on the list for a while now, and it will probably get tied into what we are doing for Just the Name and Pay as you Host as we do plan to bring them into line.
Ian
puddy
Grafter

if I understand you correcty just-the-name is only £9.99 for 2 years because in does not included hosting?  So I would be charged extra when someone visits my web page?
Puddy
account=mjr99