Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just ordered fibre

matty2k13
Grafter

just ordered fibre

I have just orderd my fiber.
first question is. I didnt order a new router because I have a homehub3 so will that work
second question is. I seen that the upload speed was only 10mb and bt say I can get 20mb. Will I only recive 10mb ?
8 REPLIES 8
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: just ordered fibre

Last February I ordered 80/20 and the order status was saying 79.9/10.0 but I was activated at 80/20 no problem. You're be fine. Yes your BT Home Hub 3 will work with fibre with the RED mark on your back lan ethernet port on your BT Home Hub 3. The red lan is connection to openreach modem lan. See picture below!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

if you ordered essentials then you will only get up to10Mb but if it is unlimited then it is up to 20Mb
matty2k13
Grafter

Sweet. I get the unlimited.  Estimated speed 79/80mb and 19.9/20.
Big jump from 4mb. My ps4 wont know whats hit it  Crazy
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@ matty2k13 your fibre estimate was the same as mine last February order. And here is my current fibre speed since February:
You will love your fibre speed. Good luck Wink
matty2k13
Grafter

another quick question,
my friend orderd fiber with sky and he didnt need a a visit to get anythink installed, how does that work ?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@matty2k13 with a engineer visit they install their own BTO modem plusnet provide the Router,  the engineer also installs a new filtered Master socket and in some rare cases tests everything to make sure it's running as it should, you dont have to keep the setup that way if you dont want to you can once the engineer is gone disconnect the BTO modem and plusnet router and use an all in one setup if you wish.
with Sky they send you their hub ie combined router / modem and it's down to you to set up and install everything so you don't get any testing or a filtered master socket Sky provided regular ADSL filters, upside i guess is you don't need an engineer to visit,  downside is should something go wrong your on your own with sky support to deal with and good luck with that. 

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

If you request it through PN the engineer will also install an extension from your master socket to position your modem to wherever you want it situated.
matty2k13
Grafter

Thanks for the replys. I orderd the extension but not going to need it as my master socket is in my livingroom and I have run a ethernet right round the room begind the skirtingboards for another access point. So im all ready for the install and cant wait. Im gonna realy mis my 3.5mb download and 0.8mb upload  Crazy