cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just had Fibre Pro installed...down speed/caller ID

timsemken

just had Fibre Pro installed...down speed/caller ID

Hello Smiley
Just changed over to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre from sky llu and the move went very smoothly, openreach engineer turned up on time and the whole thing only took 30 mins. Also using my Apple Time Capsule via PPPoE (instead of the plusnet technicolour router) which seems to be working fine. Am very pleased so far, just have a couple of niggles
1) my down speed is consistently hovering about 47/48 though I'm over the road from the cabinet. Is this just time of day (obv peak times)? Will try again later.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=136812034791183087986
2) I haven't got any Caller ID despite it being active on the Home Phone Control Panel - this worked perfectly with sky (same phones etc) - does this just take a couple of days to activate?
Minor niggles I know, but thanks for a very smooth move.
Thanks in advance,
Tim
5 REPLIES 5
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: just had Fibre Pro installed...down speed/caller ID

Welcome to Plusnet, I'm sure that you'll continue to enjoy their excellent service as I have for nearly 12 months. Smiley
Re your speed, contact customer support & they will adjust your profile to the correct speed. It's a known fault on some new installations.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi timsemken,
I've checked over your fibre connection and it's currently showing that you're syncing at 80Mb/s, so you should be seeing higher speeds, over the first few days in can fluctuate. So id there's no improvement with your speeds then I'd suggest running through our faults wizard at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get that looked into.
I've logged your caller display issues with our suppliers and I'll update you once they get back to us regarding this, it is as you said currently showing as active on your line.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you running that speed test using a wired or wireless connection to the router?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

or using homeplugs
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We've received an update from the fault logged that your caller display should now be working, is that the case?
Also, how are your speeds?