cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

js\Psyme

owlguard
Grafter

js\Psyme

Hi,ive just come back from hols and this Js/Psyme has suddenly appeared.We have had people visiting and im not sure how this virus i believe it is, has got onto my pc,they have been round the sticks with websites im sure but there older chernobyl kids so i dont go to hard on them until ive found this virus.Has it something to do with javascript by any chance.???Hope someone can help,im sort of a learner so i hope nothing too technical.I have avg antivirus  but after several attempts i have had no joy in removing it.It says it has healed it then says error and it looks like it hasnt healed it.kind regards ray.
3 REPLIES 3
Mark
Grafter

Re: js\Psyme

Hi Ray.
This page has some very comprehensive info on dealing with situations such as yours Link
For further info on the trojan which is infecting your system please see this page Link .
Utilising additional software such as Spybot and Adaware will provide additional tools in you armoury to deal with such threats.
Good luck getting it sorted and let us know how you get on.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You could try a free online scan such as http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/.
Have a look at this Forum thread for someone else's attempts.
Most of the major A/V Vendors have a selection of removal tools for various threats.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
owlguard
Grafter

Hello and thanks for the help.I went down the route of turning off restore and then zapping with,east tec erazer,avg anti spyware,avg antivirus and it seems to have gone.i must admit to clearing all temp files on hard drive and im not 100% sure if i cut 1 or 2 corners but i did my best and tried to follow instructions and it seems to have got rid of it,thanks to all and a happy new year,do sveedania.