cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jargon buster

scottmcfadden

jargon buster

KBD OutcomeProblem Explanation: [CU11] The Copper Line test has passed. Line Loss Degradation has been identified which may be affecting the Broadband Connection.
Resolution/Recommendation: Please confirm all CP and End User checks have been completed. KBD tests indicate no BTW network fault. If further assistance is required please report the fault into BTW.                                                                                                                                                        what does this mean,  can anyone help explain it to me. iv been away since i raised the fault report. got an engineer booked for tomorro but my connection seems to be fine now, im concerned about forking out £60, is it likely to be the case.      thanks
2 REPLIES 2
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: jargon buster

Quote from: scottmcfadden
... Please confirm all CP and End User checks have been completed...

CP is Customer Premises.  You are the End User.  If you connected your router to the test socket and verified that the sync rate was not (then) improved (and that any telephone extensions went dead when you removed the faceplate) and you did this with more than one filter then you can confirm (I think) that you have completed all the usual CP and End User checks.
But if your fault has cleared-up spontaneously you will be lucky in the engineer finds anything they can usefully do.
scottmcfadden

Re: jargon buster

i didnt check the other telephone sockets went dead as i only use the main one. but i did do all the other stuff. the problem vanished sometime in the days that followed.  thanks for the input it helped