cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its the exchange ????

Deadonaslab
Grafter

its the exchange ????

hello yet again I find myself on the forums I will start by saying when my internet works it is great but when its not its a pain in the backside. Have been having slow speeds for 3 days now after making a few calls to customer service it still isn't being resolved was ask to do a bt wholesale speed test I cant do that because at the second part of the test it comes up error my speed is currently 0.73 mbps after my call to customer services this morning I was asked was I using a wireless connection or a wired connection i said i had tried them earlier no difference between the two i was put on hold till they run some checks after being on hold for ten minutes i was told everything looked all right it must be the exchange then i was told to do the bt test which i cant then i was told to go a raise the ticket end of conversation surley the whole point of me calling was for plusnet to raise the ticket Last year i had the same problem and i had no internet for ten days so we will see where it goes from here
13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: its the exchange ????

The issue looks like it's a intermittent connection.

Our faults team have this in hand and we'll look into it as soon as we can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Deadonaslab
Grafter

thanks for the info
Deadonaslab
Grafter

looks like I will be getting up at 6am every day now perfect internet speed over 6mbps. I put my computer on 6 hours later run a speed test its dropped to les than 1 mbps. So at the moment it looks like I am restricted to using the internet when everybody else is sleep. I new i shouldn't have took  that new 18 month contract out i will phone customer services again on Monday  if my internet is still slow and i better get a good answer why i have these slow speeds and not the same old excuse that its the exchange ????
Deadonaslab
Grafter

21.25 very low speed 0.11 mbps I am lucky I can still sign in  Cry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Which modem/router are you using? Can you post the full DSL stats (links in my sig)?
Deadonaslab
Grafter

I am using the Thomson TG 585 V8 router
Anotherone
Champion

See here for the 585 stats. Click on View More and then do a Copy and Paste on the data into a post (enclose in 'Code' quotes if the formatting looks messy - check by clicking Preview on the post). That should sort that
Deadonaslab
Grafter

Wink

Anotherone
Champion

Is there an "Uptime" figure anywhere with those stats? Have you rebooted at all recently, if so roughly when?
Even if you are on a 20CN exchange, your connection should be going flat out.
Can you run the BTw Performance test (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
Also check your Current Line speed (Login required) - don't post your phone number and finally check which Gateway you are on.
Deadonaslab
Grafter

Wink
Anotherone
Champion

I thought the BT Test issue had been fixed, that'll need chasing up tomorrow then. That speed result is bad.
Your Current Line speed (Login required)? What exchange are you on? I'm guessing it's a 20CN one.
Deadonaslab
Grafter

current line speed 6.5 its 20cn
Anotherone
Champion

Are you connected wirelessly or ethernet at the moment?
PS.Your speed test in reply #10 has disappeared. As has your stats from reply #8. Not helpful.
I was thinking this might be a phone line problem but wanted to check a few things first.
Are you still getting noise and crackles when you do the Quiet Line Test?