cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ispa.isposure

mal0z
Grafter

ispa.isposure

I just received an email to our charity account ( not my personal one )  invite from PN to join in this programme
http://ispa.isposure.com/index.htm
Being suspicious about what other things it monitors Huh
4 REPLIES 4
prichardson
Grafter

Re: ispa.isposure

Full details of this are covered in their Privacy Policy.
http://ispa.isposure.com/privacy.htm
mal0z
Grafter

Thanks Phil,
A problem I see is that we have two accounts with PN - the office account and my home account.
I bring a laptop home and use it on my home account - which is on a different telephone exchange.
I would guess this not work then ?.
or at least it would provide inaccurate data
prichardson
Grafter

It would work, quite likely the same way it would with a dynamic IP, but overall the stats would be skewed as it would not give an accurate picture of either line.
In the interest of fairness to the goal of the software, it should be one or the other, regardless of the performance on of the line you are using it on.
Either line on their own could be considered good based on monitoring, but give it mixed readings and it may treat your monitoring as a poor highly variable experiance.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

I got an invite too on Monday - although not via PN.
Its quite interesting - also allows you to view how testers on other ISPs are performing and being rated.
Not surprisingly, the ratings seem to be showing so far similar results as to those on other rating sites such as TBB and my own.
>> I would guess this not work then ?.
Not really for the reasons mentioned by phil.... as it is supposed to do random test - although saying that each one of mine has always been done at 9am.  You can also tell it to pause testing, and/or complete an additional one whenever you want.