cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a problem with View My Broadband Usage?

trulyconfused

is there a problem with View My Broadband Usage?

truly confused and slightly paranoid
I'm on PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 1and the next payment is due on 11th January.  I've been online almost every day and usually for several hours at a time. I've just checked View My Usage expecting to see my usual usage of 5-7GB but  it's showing only 2.8MB used this month with  ZERO usage since 14 December 2009.  Huh
Is it showing zero because of a fault. Or could it be caused by my changing routers? My BT voyager (?) wireless router died on or around the 14th December and I was offline for a couple of days until I reconnected using my sister's old  ethernet Speedtouch ST-510 v6.  She's out of the country at present but is/was a plusnet customer though not from my address or phone number.
My worst case scenario is that I am seeing  "zero usage" because the actual usage is being charged to my sister's account. Is this possible? 
I'd be grateful for any help and advice.
Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: is there a problem with View My Broadband Usage?

Hi trulyconfised, welcome to the forums Smiley
It is possible that if you didn't change the login details on your sister's router you will be logged in as her and usage will be against her account.
Possibly not the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
trulyconfused

Thanks adiewoo. No, it's not the answer I was looking for. Groan  Cry
My dad brought the speedtouch round and installed it while I was out at work. I remember he phoned me at work to say he just plugged it in and it connected immediately. I was so pleased to have broadband back that I never gave it a second thought. Thinking about it now I don't think he could have changed the router settings because he doesn't know my login details.  Sad
Woe is me.
Can someone explain, in very simple terms, how I check and/or change the router settings? 
If this month's usage is currently being charged to my sister's dormant account is it possible for plusnet to transfer it back to my account before the next bill is due on the 11th January?
Thanks
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

If you have a look here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/st510.shtml that shows how to set it up, might be best if you do a factory reset and start again.
As for the other thing might be best to raise a ticket to support, though possibly unlikely Sad
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
trulyconfused

Thanks for your help  adiewoo.
I barely slept last night.  I'm really, really  worried that plusnet will reactivate my sister's account and invoice her because of my stupid mistake.  Cry  Cry
Last year Plusnet kindly agreed to suspend her account while she is working abroad and re-activate it when she returns.
I emailed plusnet last night - ticket 31470154 - begging them not to re-activate her account or bill her. The only usage on her account since last summer will be mine  from mid December to first this morning. 
Can anyone from plusnet help me? Please,  please  Cry
The good new is that I managed to find my old D-Link DSL320B modem and I've now installed on my account and My Usage is no longer zero
Thanks
Helen