Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is my speed correct

snailspace171
Grafter

is my speed correct

Hi, I am a new member and Ive got this:
Estimated line speed:51Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-01-24 19:07:14Current line speed: 37 Mb which is roughly what Ive been getting
obviously, i was hoping to get between 50 and 52 Mb.
Now, Im aware that it might change in the first 10 days... but would it really fluctuate that much?
I did the BT test thing, and they say the "IP Profile for your line is - 38.72 Mbps" - what does that mean?
13 REPLIES 13
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: is my speed correct

It probably means you are one of the ones who signed up while there was a bug in the ordering system.  That IP Profile means you  are on exactly 40Mbps connection speed so probably on the 40/10 product instead of the 80/20. The bug has been fixed but some are still in the pipeline.

If you just browse down the topic list you will find several.
You need to raise a Ticket/Question or possibly quicker to ring up. There should be someone there even now who can handle it.
snailspace171
Grafter

ok - I will do this.
Thanks for your help.  Smiley
Estragon
Rising Star

Angry Angry Angry
Why didn't you post the question in this thread where running that test was suggested to you?
snailspace171
Grafter

Sorry.
I just thought it would be better to put all my info in one message, rather than having it all intermingled with various other peoples' connection details.
Estragon
Rising Star

Smiley
That's fair enough at first sight, but you already had attention to your problem there, and reps visiting the thread and  taking each case on board as it turned up.  What would the board look like if every person with the problem started their own thread?
As you known there are several such threads already - because people didn't realise that there already was one/were some.  But you did - you even posted twice in one  :P. Surely the person who suggested running it expected an answer, to show him exactly what was happening.  By starting a new thread you could easily have delayed your answer.
Anyway, that's all over with.  I just got a bit annoyed having answered/explained your question/result to find someone was already waiting for it. Sorry I growled. I hope you get it fixed quickly like most others.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I can see Matt's already placed an order for you to correct this. Let us know how things go tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
snailspace171
Grafter

Thanks.
Is there anything I have to do tomorrow? Such as restart them modem, etc?
Or just leave it to do its thing?
dick:quote
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

You don't need to do anything.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

snailspace171
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
Smiley
That's fair enough at first sight, but you already had attention to your problem there, and reps visiting the thread and  taking each case on board as it turned up.  What would the board look like if every person with the problem started their own thread?
As you known there are several such threads already - because people didn't realise that there already was one/were some.  But you did - you even posted twice in one  :P. Surely the person who suggested running it expected an answer, to show him exactly what was happening.  By starting a new thread you could easily have delayed your answer.
Anyway, that's all over with.  I just got a bit annoyed having answered/explained your question/result to find someone was already waiting for it. Sorry I growled. I hope you get it fixed quickly like most others.

I will avoid discussing the same thing in multiple places now that you have highlighted this to me.
snailspace171
Grafter

Sorry to pipe in yet again, but I've just noticed that my upstream on the BT tester is only 1.68mb.
Is this not a bit too slow?
Will that also improve when I get changes to 80/29?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That is very slow, did you achieve that speed over a wired or a wireless connection (i.e it's best to test via wired if not)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
snailspace171
Grafter

It was wired. But not to a worry, because whatever you have done overnight has solved both of my problems.
I am now seeing download speeds of 61mb (I was only estimated 51)
And upload speeds just over15mb. Which I think is acceptable?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, that's more like it - I've just checked and the new profile wasn't applied to your line until last night/this morning which will be why the sudden change Smiley
Hope things stay like this for you (or get better).