cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is my internet capped at 10mbps? this is beyond a joke

willow1820

is my internet capped at 10mbps? this is beyond a joke

i came from EE on the bt line i was getting up to 60mbps i was paying £40 a month just standard internet. comes to plusnet for £20 a month you would think i'd be getting the same thing on the same line etc. but on speedtests i run over and over even resetting router complaining etc still looks as if its capped at 10mbps. i'm regretting moving from EE just to save some money...

its a wired connection aswell.

if this is not fixed soon i'll have to cancel and go elsewhere. 

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: is my internet capped at 10mbps? this is beyond a joke

Thanks for getting in touch @willow1820

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection speeds.

From checking your account I can see you signed up to standard broadband with ourselves and we advised you of the speed range of 5 to 12mbps during sign up and after you signed up also.

I'm afraid you wouldn't receive 60mbps from us unless you signed up to our Unlimited Fibre Extra plan.

Based on what you've said I suspect that you were on a Fibre package with EE rather than a standard broadband package

I've tested your line as well and I can confirm that there are no caps in place as your order has only completed today and your line is still in its 10 day training period. You may find your speeds increase slightly over the next 10 days but I'm afraid they won't be near the 60mbps mark as that isn't possible on the standard broadband technology

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
willow1820

when i was with EE i was under the impression i just was using the standard line, if this is the case then i need to upgrade to the £25 plusnet fibre package, if not then cancel

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us.

Unfortunately it looks like you've had a fibre line with EE as it's not possible to achieve a speed of 60mbps on standard broadband. If you want to upgrade I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 however we likely won't be able to get the ball rolling until Friday as line records Here don't show any broadband availability, which is likely because your line has only just gone live with us and the records are updating.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet