cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is my date still on target

thomasjc1
Grafter

is my date still on target

Hi could someone tell me if the date of the 26th of feb is still on target for the bt man to come between 8 and 1 to install fibre.
Also i have been told i will have to allow to the end of the 27th for it to be activated is there any way of getting it activated (if it isnt already) as soon as bt has gone
And finally my phone is going over to plusnet on the 25th this might sound stupid but how will i know that its been swapped over
cant wait to get my new asus rt-n66u up and running i have just installed a new mini wifi card intel centrino ultimate n 6300 in my laptop and a new antenna for if i want to use dual band so im good to go
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: is my date still on target

Hi there,
I've just checked the order and yes, the appointment is still showing as in a confirmed state. I took the liberty of checking the order notes, which is where we'd be made aware of any potential delays etc and didn't see anything there.
By all means let me know on Monday if you want me to check that again and I'd be happy to.
Re the phone service we'll send you an email the day following the switch over.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
thomasjc1
Grafter

Thanks very much adam
thomasjc1
Grafter

I'm still a bit worried this isn't going to happen on Tuesday reason being  I ordered I think it was the 3rd of feb then a few days later I had a mail saying bt coming around today to install the modem which was obviously wrong. I called plusnet and was very and still am very impressed with the customer service he couldn't apologise enough someone had activated the account even though I'm still not with plusnet yet (refund has been sorted because I have been paying for fibre since the 10th even though I haven't got it).
Today I had which I guess is the usual mail for when joining up.
When you signed up for your broadband account, we performed a check on your telephone line to give you an estimated speed your line might achieve.
Now that your service has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.
Estimated line speed: 15Mbps
Current line speed: 78Mbps
You can keep a track of your line speed through our website.
Now 1 I would like to know why that says 15mbps where did that figure come from.
And 2 are you sure all this is not gonna delay the install for tuesday
thomasjc1
Grafter

Phone has gone across to plusnet no probs (well done plusnet)
Can I have an answer for the above post please
thomasjc1
Grafter

Anyone
thomasjc1
Grafter

Hello hello
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Realise you're worried about this, but we (the DigiCare team) are generally only in these forums on weekdays so you'd have been unlikely to get an answer yesterday. Also I'd avoid bumping threads (updating them with little or no content in order to keep them on the front page) as it's against the forum rules.
Anyway now that's out of the way (sorry, just thought I'd better mention it...) - those emails are for some reason reporting on the ADSL estimate on the line rather than the fibre estimate, it's not ideal but by the same token is nothing to worry about. We have a problem open investigating that.
And no, it definitely won't delay your install - that's still booked in for tomorrow morning between 8am and 1pm. Hope it all goes smoothly, please let us know Smiley
thomasjc1
Grafter

Ok sorry about bumping up didnt know that. Yea i did wonder if anyone was working yesterday. Thanks for your reply and ill behave now Grin