cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to uncap upload speed?

synapse321

is it possible to uncap upload speed?

When I was with O2 my upload speed was around 1.2mb however on plusnet it is a disappointing 443 kbps (when I say 1.2mb hope I am using the right metrics the figure is fone).
Could some one look at this for me asap as I am soon to go away.
Regards
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: is it possible to uncap upload speed?

Raise a ticket asking for the upload to be uncapped
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi synapse321,
I've placed a modify order to uncap your upload speeds, this will complete tomorrow for you Smiley
rookey
Grafter

Is mine uncap as this could improve my face time problems?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It depends on exactly what the issue with FT is. We can give that a go if you like but do be aware it's at cost as you're on an ADSL1 connection on a 20CN only exchange.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/max_premium.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rookey
Grafter

Am not paying anymore money out at all as I am not getting the services I am paying for now am I Sad
Can you not do it to try out for free to see if this would solve my problem but I still get the slow download speed too
MsDizzie
Grafter

When AdamWalker said cost he didn't mean money!
Because you're on 20CN its a balance between upload and download, that is what Adam was trying to get across to you.
rookey
Grafter

Huh
What he means it cost me this extra

All Residential Products £7.83 (inc VAT)
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to this - http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/10/14/want-faster-upload-speeds-max-premium-is-now-available/
On the standard Max product the upload sync speed is up to 448kbps whereas on Max Premium it’s up to 832kbps. (Note, we use the term “up to” because the actual sync speed can vary depending on line length and line quality). In throughput terms that means you’d see a maximum upload speed of about 90KB/s.
Max Premium is available as an optional extra on all of our broadband accounts for £8 per month.
If you would like to add Max Premium to your account we can do this at any time, just raise a ticket via http://trials.plus.net and select the Max Premium option. Once acknowledged it usually takes one working day to process the upgrade.
MsDizzie
Grafter

Ah.. my mistake, I need my glasses  Cool
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=MsDizzie]Because you're on 20CN its a balance between upload and download
That might be true for some people where their line stats are not that great.
On my connection, even the unrestricted 832kbps uplink sync rate appears to be another artificial limit of the ADSL specification, as according to my router stats my line looks capable of upstream syncing at 1328Kbps !
adsl status
  --------------------------- ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex A) -----------
  Running Mode            :    G.DMT      State                : SHOWTIME
  DS Actual Rate          :  8128000 bps  US Actual Rate      :  448000 bps
  DS Attainable Rate      :  8128000 bps  US Attainable Rate  :  1328000 bps
  DS Path Mode            :        Fast    US Path Mode        :        Fast

Unfortunately increasing my monthly broadband charges by more than 53% for a few hundred Kbps of upstream speed is difficult to justify, and is particularly galling when the vast majority of customers (i.e. those not on 20CN ADSL1) can get unlimited upstream speeds for free.
Angry