cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it likely that my modem always connects at 7127 Kbps?

bluewhale
Rising Star

or am i locked at some rate?
31 REPLIES 31
scootie
Grafter

Re: is it likely that my modem always connects at 7127 Kbps?

looking through your past posts i can see a couple of bt tests one syncing at 1200 and one at 9000 i think.
if your on a banded profile it's likely to be 4864-9728kbps as your just below the next one up http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/dynamic-line-management-dlm-on-adsl2/
bluewhale
Rising Star

yeah i even got upto 10
but for a week or 2 now i've been stuck at exactly that speed even after restarts, this seems unlikely to me
but then i don't really know how the underlying hardware protocol works
but i am suspicious that i'm being somehow held down at that speed even though i've had no drops other than my own manual ones....
scootie
Grafter

qoute from jameseh in that library pieace
The below image will show you all of the various different banded profiles that are currently on WBC/WBMC.

wouldnt put it past BTw to sneak some more in
if your syncing spot on the same sync every time then it does point at a band but normaly fixed syncs tend to be when your line can sync out side the band so hence gets held back to the top end of the band, wonder if the comms can double check this for you. i belive james use to be able to tell people for sure if they was or wasnt on a banded profile
Toenex
Grafter

I'm starting to think something similar has happened to me.  Now that the 21CN trial is over (isn't it?) have we been moved back onto something less glamorous?  I thought being on a Pro account meant you stayed on ADSL2+.
-T
bluewhale
Rising Star

pretty sure i'm on adsl2+ as thats what my router protocol said, but got it on mixed mode again
so to test have to restart and not going to do that in a hurry as the dlm will no doubt pick a fight with me again 😉
dick:quote
bluewhale
Rising Star

wonder what version of the dlm software we are on now
and if bt have diff versions on diff exchanges
and how their release management procedure works...
still on the plus side looks like i'm going to start a new developer job soon so will be too busy again  Cheesy
unless working from home goes wrong  Undecided
fyi james said i'd been put on a band because of drops i was having a few weeks ago, but i've not managed to get out of jail since then ...
bluewhale
Rising Star

see have too much time on my hands, now watching breakfast tv
where they showed this http://www.simonscat.com/catmando.html
and now moved onto watching them very funny  Grin
Grafter

Hi bluewhale! 7127k was the rate that I got stuck on when I was banded. Unfortunately it lasted for about 4 weeks before being reset by BT following request from James. Reset lasted a few days but banding then went back on. Can't remember if that reset itself or as result of PN/BT action. Its been OK for 2-3 months now even tho' I've been forcing noise margin down with DMT tool. Problem with banding is that one seems locked at a particular rate rather than moving about within a band of sync rates.
Have you been released from banding yet?
bluewhale
Rising Star

nope and whats worse is that plusnet/bt have my profile at 6000k that :-), some kind of rounding going on there  Huh
bt really need to consider giving us end users more control over this...
jim:quote
scootie
Grafter

we wanted seamless rate adaptation but BTw didnt listen to us
Toenex
Grafter

My profile is also down to 6000K (not sure if this BT or PlusNet).  Also noticed that my SNR/Tone graph (routerstats 5.7) has tones up to 255.  Previously I'd see the whole 512 which is what I thought constituted ADSL2+.  Curious. 
BT Openreach have been ploughin the local roads putting fibre down for the upcoming FTTC at our exchange (Heaton Moor).  Wonder if this is related?
-T
scootie
Grafter

if the dlm sees no useable tones out side 255 it will force an adsl2 sync instead of the +. am on 50db atten and allways been on adsl2 since april
what router you running if a netgear use the telnet feature on router stats it gives more info and will tell you which modulation you synced with
bluewhale
Rising Star

sadly using the wag54gs with latest formware that turned off the telnet feature ... grrrrr
i would guess bt may have been digging about my area too as i'm on the new southgate exchange which is due for caBling 🙂
is there anyway plunet can get bt to remove me from the banding or bump me up back to where i was...
Toenex
Grafter

I'm on a netgear DG834G (AR7 V2 model) with DGTeam firmware.  Just switched it to G.dmt modulation and up to 10,000Kbps. fro 7,000 Kbps.
-T