cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone email settings

CAP10

iphone email settings

Hi
I'm not sure what I am missing or whether I'm trying the impossible in getting messages from all my email accounts on my iphone.
The catch all wildcard@usename.plus.com works out of the box, as does wildcard@mydomainname.co.uk.
I can send from all accounts.
What I can't do is receive from my setup accounts i.e. abcd@usename.plus.com. I've also tried setting up the accounts as imap. I suspect it may be something to do with the user name 'usename+abcd' in the iphone.
Any help appreciated
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: iphone email settings

Here are my IMAP settings for iPhone
Incoming Mail Server
imap.plus.net
User Name user+mailboxname

I use smtp.gmail.com for outgoing as that can be used on any network, however you have to have your PN email address authorised for use on your gmail account to do this.
Hope that helps
CAP10

Hi
Thanks for the post.
I had tried that to no avail. What incoming mail server server port is yours set to in imap as a matter of interest.
What I've got working now is setting up multiple imap accounts in Outlook, combined with corresponding accounts on my iphone but with these set up as POP3 - mail.plus.net as the incoming mail server. Seems to work for now - I'll let it run for afew days.
Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

It would have to be port 143 if you're using our IMAP server.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Quote from: CAP10
Hi
Thanks for the post.
I had tried that to no avail. What incoming mail server server port is yours set to in imap as a matter of interest.
What I've got working now is setting up multiple imap accounts in Outlook, combined with corresponding accounts on my iphone but with these set up as POP3 - mail.plus.net as the incoming mail server. Seems to work for now - I'll let it run for afew days.
Smiley

Port 143 here also.
BTW I found the easiest way to get things working on the iPhone mail application, was to set things up on the Macintosh Mail.app first then sync those settings in iTunes.