Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip profile

Atomic7431
Dabbler

ip profile

i want someone to look at my ip profile which is 3500kbps
but i sync with the exchange at 5056kbps
i get a throughput of 3189kbps which i think could be at least 1.3 meg slower than what i could get
can you get bt to raise the profile as im sure it should be higher than what it is
many thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Atomic7431
Dabbler

Re: ip profile

anyone prepared to look into this for me?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Atomic7431
can you get bt to raise the profile

No they can't, it doesn't work that way, which is maybe why you've had no reply?
Have a good read here: http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/07/02/broadband-speed-faults-how-to-diagnose/
And also explore all the links from that as it's all explained very well.  Wink
Denzil
Grafter

A speed of 5056 should get you a profile of 4000. Are you consistently syncing at 5000ish, or is it recent? If it is recent it may take a few days for BT's systems to catch up, but they will do that automatically. If it is consistent you may have a stuck profile. If you don't see anything helpful on the link HPsauce gave you could try raising a support ticket, then PN can request that BT look into it.
Atomic7431
Dabbler

i had the profile raised a while back, plusnet managed to get bt to do it, so i know it can be done but lately my sync speed seems to have gone up, so was asking if they would attempt to get the profile raised again but as you say no reply so ill have to make a phone call again, thats how i got it sorted last time.