cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip profile

kereded55

ip profile

anyone help, after having no internet for 5 days over christmas my internet came back on last friday running at 1.97mb, today bt engineers were in the area working and i have been cut off several times since coming home from work as a result my ip has been reduced to 0.5, this is unworkable , how can i get it back up to workable speed without waiting days.

4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: ip profile

Your IP Profile is currently set to 1500mbps from what I can establish.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

kereded55

yes it is now after a phone call last night , but before that it was set at 0.5 but even at 1.5 that is still slow, before i joined plusnet a 2 months ago i allways got 2mb download speed from my previous provider.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

When I checked, your line rate was inline with the IP Profile. It's also in line with BT estimates.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

kereded55

the point i am trying to get across is, my ip was cut when i was getting disconnection due to bt working on the line so it looked like an unstable line, the work has been done now, but i had to phone to get my profile raised but it is only raised to 1.5, my line is stable now and can easily run at 2. will my ip be raised automaticaly after a certain time of stabillity or will it just sit at 1.5. bt have told me i can get 2.5 at my home computer as it is coming into the box at 2.8. isp,s should be giving you the maximum they can give you not just enough to get by, i have had internet for 15 years and only moved to plusnet 6 or 7 weeks ago and for 3 weeks was fine but since then nothing but slow speeds.