cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip profile gone down a bit

chitaks

ip profile gone down a bit

ip profile gone down after i had a fault which turned out to be the router. ip profile was 16+ and now down to 14. also downstream was 18800 now 16000, i know its still within acceptable limits but now i get a lot of insufficient bandwith errors on iplayer even if speed is 12mb
  Type Interleave Path
  Status Show Time
    Downstream Upstream
  Data Rate (kbps) 16045 888
  Noise Margin (dB) 5.5 15.8
  Attenuation (dB) 23.9 11.4
  Output power(dbm) 20.1 12.6
thanks
7 REPLIES 7
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: ip profile gone down a bit

Hi chitaks,
Welcome to the community forum.
As I can see from your router stats, your sync rate is just over 16MB/s. Which gives you a speed profile of over 14MB/s.
It has only recently dropped in speed. I would suggest trying a disconnect/reconnection, log into your routers interface, click disconnect and then power down your router. Leave your router powered down for a few minutes then power back on, log into your router and click connect.
Then we can see if your sync rate improves and match your speed profile accordingly.
Let me know how you go.
Chris
chitaks

thanks you for the reply, i have done what you suggested and here are the results
Type Interleave Path
  Status Show Time
    Downstream Upstream
  Data Rate (kbps) 16105 888
  Noise Margin (dB) 6.0 16.4
  Attenuation (dB) 24.0 11.5
  Output power(dbm) 20.3 12.3

not much improvement
thank you
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Very little change there. I would suggest trying to connect into your <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml#whatsTest">test socket</a> and seeing if you get any difference there.
chitaks

test socket results still the same, when i first slowed down, speed was  manually increased by technical team, i think to the limit of 16000. should i ring them again or is it something you can have a look at

Type Interleave Path
  Status Show Time
    Downstream Upstream
  Data Rate (kbps) 16135 888
  Noise Margin (dB) 6.0 16.8
  Attenuation (dB) 23.9 11.4
  Output power(dbm) 20.2 12.0

thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The sync speed that you have displayed in your router stats is the one I am looking at. We have a profile set depending on what that figure comes in at. Your line is running well within its speed threshold. I would complete the initial diagnostic questions at http://faults.plus.net to make sure everything is OK internally.
Your profile is as high as it can be. The speed that we are looking at is between your router and the exchange.
chitaks

yes downstream speed is the actual reason for the thread, when my speed was put up after problems member of team said "i can see bt is sending 188** mb down your line" which was the mb showing before my router issues
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You have had a sync of just over 18MB/s in the past, but as you know you'r currently under that at the moment.
Have you completed the initial diagnostic questions when you opened the fault ticket? If you have, could complete the questions so our faults team can investigate your line.
Chris