Did you mean: 

internet keeps dropping after 10pm

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: internet keeps dropping after 10pm

DS rate - see attainable rate and rate lines below the SNRM.

TG582 - deep joy - what firmware version?  Was it from plusnet?

If you feel like having a go at some detailed monitoring, please download Router stats and switch to using the TG582 router and see the other link below to a thread on suggested configuration of router stats for that router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glesgajohn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

it was an old sky router tg582 i put my user/pass into it and it worked 

DO I USE http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html AS router stats page ?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Each router has its own internals for getting access to the router stats.  Indeed many routers have differing addresses / subnet ranges.  You need to check.  The Configuring routerstats topic advance sets on how to configure the plusnet TG582n details should be the same.

The link you've referenced is for the 2704n.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

think iv got it running eventually, what you want me to do now thanx

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@glesgajohn,

Sorry, I thought I replied last night ... May be I started on another device ... When the wife arrived home?

Keep the monitor running 24/7 inspect the graphs.  Look for changes in plots.  Share the SNRM plot just so that I can see it's running properly, then look for exception events and post those plots please.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

had the engineer out this morning, b4 he arrived he says he done a line check and it showed a fault , when he checked the line when he arrived it says no fault
,says it was a faulty router (although i tried three routers b4 he came out) all dropped, anyway thats it started dropping again with a different router.
it started to drop @ 3pm and wouldnt connect again until 3.15pm
continuosly dropped for 15 min.
what now ?

still dropping

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Keep monitoring and update the ticket to say that the engineer found a fault before he arrived but could not find one when testing from the premises.

I have seen this kind of issue before.  Engineer attends site, finds no fault, does the dial back test (aka the exit test) which reports a fault.  The "I know better engineer" claims that is a fault with the automated test equipment ... if there were a fault I would have found it from here.  The truth is a line can show OK when tested from one end and faulty when tested from the other end.  I have had that issue and 3+ engineer visits until one went out and did a proper check of the d-side back from the cabinet.

Sorry, but you rather look like you are going to need another reengineer - it will be interesting to see if the CLT Plusnet runs still shows a fault.  We might however be looking at local RFI which I why I want you to keep logging using the TG router.  Any graphs to share yet?

glesgajohn
Rising Star

plugged in the tg582 and started to run router stats and it dropped again
this is the graph when it dropped out

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Plotting looking good.  However can you please set the Synch plot axis maximum to 12,000k please.

Link recovery time looks protracted - we might need to look more closely at that using the router logs.  Note that Router Stats gives you the means of getting the longer version of the logs via telnet.

Thanks for these graphs, for they indicate that there is a newer version of RS than the one I use ... had better go find out what is new.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

can you please set the Synch plot axis maximum to 12,000k ...is that the RX synch speed ? if so its set to, max 1200 min 0

thanx

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, Rx synch - needs another zero adding on.

No need to worry about the synch speed graphs.  Rx synch is also plotted on the Rx SNRM graph which is the one of real interest.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

Rx SNRM graph

which one is that ?

thanx

glesgajohn
Rising Star

glesgajohn
Rising Star

its been dropping all night and day, as i said i dont know what to post

thanx

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@glesgajohn wrote:

Rx SNRM graph

which one is that ?

thanx

Sorry Rx Noise