internet keeps dropping after 10pm

FIXED
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: internet keeps dropping after 10pm

@glesgajohn wrote:

whats happening in this graph please

RouterStats has failed to collect the data from the modem, and has got into a confused state, and the data collection needs to be stopped and re-started.

The trouble with going down this REIN faulting graph drawing path is that too much time and effort ends up being spent on drawing the graphs, and the results are now spread over a vast number of different graphs each covering a small amount of time.

glesgajohn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

can i upgrade my tg582n with 1 of these firmwares if so what 1 thanks

Plusnet - FTTC - TG582n (with USB port) - 10.2.5.2.EO
Plusnet - FTTC - TG582n (with USB port) - 10.2.5.2.FO

also started dropping again 

where can i download thee

F/W 10.2.2.B for the tg582n pro

thanx

ejs
Aspiring Hero

If the 582n came from Plusnet, and you have a suitable computer for running the firmware update program, then yes, you can use either of those firmwares. I don't think it will make any difference to the problem, since if a different modem didn't make a difference, different firmware is not likely to fix it either. You would have to re-configure it for ADSL use, the FO version has a bug where one of the Ethernet ports doesn't work after switching it to ADSL mode, so you might as well use the EO firmware.

I think the latest graph indicates that the upstream is still the problem.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

its the tg582n pro F/W 10.2.2.B firmware , where will i find this thanx searched but cant s eem to find that version

i can only find this but mine has usb port

Plusnet - ADSL - TG582n-PS (without USB port) - 10.2.2.B

that the upstream is still the problem.

thanx

so what happens from here ( a fix )

thanx

ejs
Aspiring Hero

I don't think Plusnet supplied the "Pro" version of the 582n.

Regarding the upstream being the problem, I suppose you could repeat doing quiet line tests, especially at the times when the broadband, to check for any audible noise. If numerous engineers really can't find anything to fix, then as a last resort, I suppose Plusnet could attempt to workaround the problem by capping the upstream to a maximum of 448k.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

I don't think Plusnet supplied the "Pro" version of the 582n.= its an old tesco router i had that im using to test

plusnet dont sem to be doing anything i havent heard from them since last eng. visit and they have put my question on hold till sat 15th meaning nothing is been done at mo.

thanx

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@glesgajohn wrote:

these are latest note the squiggles in graph , how is this ?

NOTHING!!!  This is the situation I mentioned about RS loosing message synch with the router such that plots are zero or otherwise meaningless.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@glesgajohn wrote:

whats happening in this graph please

Again, not a lot.  This is an artefact of my comment about being aware that sometimes diagnostic tools show misleading information.  When RS looses message synch with the router, the plots suggest that the link is down when in fact it is not.  Continuous zero plots and silly graphs show that the data from the router is not being "read" properly.  Just click the stop & start plotting buttons to recover the situation.

Did you set a low synch speed alarm as I suggested?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Some of those plots are interesting - especially the one which looks fairly "normal" until early evening when it turns south.  It would be useful if you could watch for (and note) the times of day when the plots are doing "bad" things.  This will be essential for planning a REIN engineer visit if it can be arranged.  There is no point someone coming looking for REIN (or SHINE) at times you've not seen it.

How matey are you with your neighbours?  If possible, have a chat with them, tell them about your problems, explain that what you are seeing could be degrading their internet performance as well.  Let them know the time slots things happen and ask if they start using anything at that time - like a Plasma TV.

As for the ticket being on hold, that could well be awaiting a response from elsewhere to progress the problem.  Have you been asked to give a preference for an engineer visit?

glesgajohn
Rising Star
glesgajohn
Rising Star

these ones are from =2017Apr14-0202-Rx_Noise_margin_(dB)-= to=2017Apr14-0324-Rx_Noise_margin_(dB)

2 different nights and 2 different results

@Townman=Did you set a low synch speed alarm as I suggested? i heard the alarm going  off.

It would be useful if you could watch for (and note) the times of day when the plots are doing "bad" things.  This will be essential for planning a REIN engineer visit if it can be arranged.2 different nights same time different results

How matey are you with your neighbours?  If possible, have a chat with them, tell them about your problems, explain that what you are seeing could be degrading their internet performance as well.  Let them know the time slots things happen and ask if they start using anything at that time - like a Plasma TV.= spoke to my niegbours they are all in bed ( work in morning )

As for the ticket being on hold, that could well be awaiting a response from elsewhere to progress the problem.  Have you been asked to give a preference for an engineer visit?= i thought it wass to await results of the new modem, I have not heard a word from plusnet regarding Engineer or anythin else for that matter . thanx

glesgajohn
Rising Star

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@glesgajohn wrote:

these ones are from =2017Apr14-0202-Rx_Noise_margin_(dB)-= to=2017Apr14-0324-Rx_Noise_margin_(dB)

Same night, different times!

glesgajohn
Rising Star

not sure what u mean m8        

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You implied that the 2 plots were for different nights (same time) but showed different "results".

The date-time in the file names indicates that they are for the SAME night at different tImes