Did you mean: 

internet keeps dropping after 10pm

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: internet keeps dropping after 10pm

Rx Synch speed is not needed - that metric is contained (also) on the Rx Noise plot.

Tx Noise graph is totally broken - no idea why - might be worth closing and restarting RS - given that it is a long time since I set up my monitor I have revisited the Y-axis setting for the Tx Noise graphs ... and they appear to be not configurable (unhelpfully) beyond right clicking the Tx Noise plot unticking "adjust vertical axis automatically" and ticking "limit vertical access to +50dB and -10dB"

Graph capture - did you set the capture settings as per the link below?  There ought to be a green camera on the graphs being captures with a tick in the tick box below.  See these settings...

Capture RS Graphs.JPG

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glesgajohn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Yes it is dropping again because the TARGET SNRM seems to have gone back to 6dB and the noise spikes are greater than -6dB.  When the target was 9dB as per earlier graphs all was well.

Something is well adrift here.  Going to go find someone to help out here...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

thats it started dropping again

There ought to be a green camera on the graphs being captures with a tick in the tick box below, yes there is thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry for the lack of response in the thread.

I'm looking into this and I'll post again once I've had the time to look through everything.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
glesgajohn
Rising Star
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Interesting - after 01:30 things get better then after 02:30 they are really cool.

You need to go "sweep" the locality with an AM radio.

Whilst I am sure that if there is a line issue, resolving it might reduce susceptibility, there are an number of things putting out RFI.

Keep the logging going and then start comparing same time of day plots against each other.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

when the 1st engineer called he checked line from house said it was a fault, he went to cab and came back said there was a loose wire above my cconections in cab, fixed the hanging wire done check said all was ok, but still dropping so not fixed

"nd engineer called said he checked line b4 coming and it showed fault, checked line from house said all was ok and it was a faulty router, then he left, and my internet kept dropping,

Sent a new router plugged in and yes , youve guessed , still dropping

glesgajohn
Rising Star

glesgajohn
Rising Star

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for the information.

At the moment the only way we can really proceed is to book another engineer and raise this as a escalation with our suppliers to check for REIN and raise a REIN case if necessary.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@Townman wrote:

You need to go "sweep" the locality with an AM radio.

Whilst I am sure that if there is a line issue, resolving it might reduce susceptibility, there are an number of things putting out RFI.

I'm guessing you've never experienced what at first appeared to be a REIN issue, not exactly like this issue, with definite on/off periods, clearly detectable with an AM radio when the interference was present, only to find that after poking about in a box of wires - not even re-doing any of the connections, causing no change to speed, attenuation, SNRM - then the presence of the interference no longer troubled the broadband.

I'm also wondering what you expect a SNRM plot from a faulty line to look like - I don't think it's going to be a flat horizontal line!

glesgajohn
Rising Star

@MatthewWheeler

when will this happen ?

glesgajohn
Rising Star

glesgajohn
Rising Star

why is my question on now on hold until Saturday 15th April at 7:00am.?
I tried the new modem and internet still the same , keeps dropping.
can someone from Plusnet, TELL me when and what is being done, if anything this has gone on for over 2 weeks now, im not a happy chappie at moment ,the only thing being done here is me testing but no reply from Plusnet, just Townman (thanks for all your help so far Townman )

@ least have the decency to keep me updated on your progress if any 

thanx