Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet connection dropping out regularly

Geoff44
Hooked

Re: internet connection dropping out regularly

Hi Matthew

I have completed the troubleshooting steps and replaced the ADSL micro filter but no improvement in connection speed or reliability of the connection. The BT speed test results are attached, Can you arrange with BT to conduct further tests to identify the problem?

I am reposting this from work as the message sent last night didn't seem to go through properly.

Thanks

Geoff

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

We'll update your open fault shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mwg
Dabbler

My problem is still the same. I have been updating this forum almost daily.

But I am sorry to say, I doubt is there any fix ongoing Or just for pastime we post here.

Even now with the Ethernet cable the speed is awfully slow!! You can check yourself from the screenshots.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi mwg, I can see that we SNR reset the line yesterday, are you seeing any difference due to that today? - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mwg
Dabbler

The fluctuation is either same or more now after your SNR reset. Mostly fluctuating between 0-5mbps occasionally getting better.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@mwg I've made a change to the settings on your line which should help. Can you retest after about 10 mins?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mwg
Dabbler

I am at work now. Will check this evening after work!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries. Keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mwg
Dabbler

It look to improve a bit for a day, now back to what you could see in the attachment (15Jul 0642am)!

https://speedof.me/show.php?img=180615055356-8490.png

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @mwg 

I can't see any irregularities in your connection - in fact it looks much more stable than the last time I checked your account myself. 

You're also syncing at just over 13.9Mbps which is above the outside estimates our supplier has provided for your line. 

I'm really sorry that you are still having issues at your side, but there doesn't seem to be anything which is causing it that we are picking up. 

Without dragging up previous conversations too much, can I just confirm that you have done all checks and tests etc that we have recommended in the past couple of weeks? 

- Alisdair. 

mwg
Dabbler

Yes I did all as far as I remember. Still soon in comings days, I will list out all the tests & checks I performed over past couple of weeks. Upon which, you may see if anything else missed or to be tried etc.

Meanwhile if you have any check list of tasks to perform/check/test etc, please do provide, I could redo and confirm the speed I am getting.

Thanks & Regards

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @mwg, thanks for getting back to us.

I have updated you fault ticket here with the next step to progress your fault further. I am sincerely sorry to hear the settings we have changed has not resolved the issue and would ask you contact us here once you have updated the ticket with the requested information.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mwg
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply to fault ticket.
Unfortunately, the PlusNet’s 'very stringent' engineer visit charges are somewhat discouraging me (the customer) to get the issue resolved. If the fault is not on myside, will PlusNet pay me!! Smiley

I guess for our monthly payments, PlusNet should be committed to give better service & the Minimum guaranteed access line speed: 3Mbps without extra charges! In spite of my monthly payments, I am struggling to get a consistent 3Mbps for many weeks now!

I mostly use the internet before 8am & after 06:30pm (could be peak time issue). I don’t know my speed during the day. So not sure, if the engineer visit (and the charges) between 8am - 6pm would help me at all.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me over these weeks. Glad you did find some issues at your end like SNR etc

I will google & try fix it myself Or explore what other options I have.

Thanks & Regards

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @mwg,

I think it should be noted that an engineer charge isn't automatically applied to the bill as soon as the engineer appointment is booked and would only be applicable in the following circumstances; If the engineer finds the fault to be within the property, if the engineer finds no fault, if the engineer appointment is missed or if the appointment is cancelled within 48 working hours of the appointment going ahead.

Please let us know how your search for an alternative solution goes and please don't hesitate to get back in touch on here or respond to the ticket on your account if you have any further queries or you wish to continue with the fault investigation.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Geoff44
Hooked

Hello Matthew

My connection last week was much better after the BT engineer found a line fault outside the house.The connection was much more stable and quite a bit faster until yesterday when the DSL link  disconnecting  problem started and the connection was very intermittent. I have updated the call with some info from the router log. Could you check the connections again to see if there is a separate fault?

Thanks

Geoff