Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermmitent limited connectivity

mortons4
Dabbler

intermmitent limited connectivity

hi
for the last 2 weeks I keep losing connection and my setting show I have limited connectivity.  it usually resolves after a few minutes but is getting annoying. Ive recently gone over to windows 10 and use a ThomsonTG 585 V8
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: intermmitent limited connectivity

The connection to us is fine and hasn't dropped in 11 days.

Your router is over 4 years old so that could be the issue.
Do you have any other devices that have the same issue?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mortons4
Dabbler

it does not seem to happen on my phone which is connected to the same wifi, if I can't get a connection on the PC, the mobile phone still connects it happened when trying to reply to this, both the internet and wireless lights are flashing green
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Dick:green Duplicate post removed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
saguaro
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It might just be a Windows 10 thing. My laptop did that from time to time even with 8.1, and the upgrade has made it worse if anything and introduced the issue to the other machines I upgraded. I can usually reconnect by disconnecting and reconnecting the laptop to the wifi. One time when it was happening a lot I rebooted the router, which had been up for a couple of months, and that helped for a while. (I'm not using my old Thomson router but an Asus one I bought myself.)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

There is a fair chance this is not a networking issue.
Exactly what configuration / software are you running and EXACTLY what do you see?  Please check router lights, logs and other devices.
Periodically on a windows 7 PC running IE11 I see they following symptoms...
I'm web Browsing without issue.  I have multiple browser tabs running in a single browser session.  I open a new tab to go to Google (say) and the tab reports "Connor connect".  Try repeatedly and get same issue.
Open a second browser session and get a connection straight away.  Original session tab still refuses to connect.
A short while later the original session / tab start to function again.
In the interim, othe devices remain working without issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.