cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent problems no net but always sync'd

amcclean
Rising Star

intermittent problems no net but always sync'd

For the last couple of weeks I have been having problems with my net access. My router stays sync'd green line on, ip address etc showing in router status page but the net does not work. At the same time when I have called PN they have at times been unable to see me sync'd to the exchange or any connection from my account despite the two router I have tried all showing a constant sync and green light.
I have tried teh suggested test logins today the plusnet one gave me my static ip address and a Red internet light the bt test gave me no ip address etc and the red light. Some re-boots bring the net back on others it is still off with the lights and stas on but no one home.
I have tried 2 routers and three filters sync is not a problem. I believe it could be authentication issue. What are everyone elses thoughts and suggestions. i have agreat line speed and downloads are great when it all works.
8 REPLIES 8
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: intermittent problems no net but always sync'd

Hi Podman,
Not too sure what to make of that to be honest. I'd be inclined to see what the faults team find.
Jojo Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

Just addedd screen dumps of router etc and command prompts to ticket #40313333 . Do you know the average turn around time. is it worth adding things to a ticket or does adding to a ticket drop it to the back of the que. Desperate to get a resolution.
When it's working it's great:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1195818548.png
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Podman,
I'll see if I can get someone to take another look at it for you.
Jojo Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

cheers jojo, currently using opendns as pn dns were causing the ssme issue. should i change to google dns?
podman
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI podman,
At his time I would use whatever works best for you.
Jojo Smiley
amcclean
Rising Star

I have recived a message over the weekend to say Pn are sending me out a router and query if mine is adls 2+ compatible despite advising of the routers i have.
My Router is new style belkin share:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/belkin-play-max-f7d4401uk-300mbps-adsl2-2plus-wlan-modem-router and as you can see from me posting here must be adsl2+ as per description as I can access the net.
and the backup test router is the belkin G+ Mimo
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3324883/Belkin-F5D9630-ADSL2-Modem-with-Wireless-G-MIMO-Router/Product...
My issue is intermittent and the sync remains just the access to net drops along the ability to ping etc. and my line can show on the pn system as sunced just not authenticated. My green connection lights always stay on and I nearly always have my static ip address.
if my router was incompatablie would I not recieve any access and would it not affect just one of the two routers?
amcclean
Rising Star

In order to try and work out the cause of my connection problems Pn sent me a router.  Is the figure for Downstream FEC errors reasonable.
Link Information

Uptime: 1 day, 1:27:06
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 864 / 8,580
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 446 / 6,048
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 46.51 / 458.88
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 26.0 / 40.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 26.5 / 10.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 4 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 131,075 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 35 / 1,871,390
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 1,580
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / NA
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I wouldn't say it was a major issue given the length of the connection (25 hours according to your stats above) and the connection on our side shows as being on for nearly 2 days solid now, all it really shows from the figures is that you definitely shouldn't turn interleaving off really. Have you had any of the periods of non-connectivity during the time this connection's been live?