Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent internet drop out

drivenout
Dabbler

intermittent internet drop out

Hi,

I recently(ish) came back to Plusnet after moving house and it has been great up to a couple of weeks ago when there appears to be intermittent dropouts on both my wife and I's laptops. It may also be happening on our phones but its much harder to catch it as it obviously switches back to 4G. The dropouts only appear to last a few seconds and we are only really in during the evenings so have only noticed it then.

Both laptops (one windows, one apple) are connected via WiFi to a router that has done us well for around a year and we haven't had issues at all in the first couple of months with Plusnet. Would it be possible to check if there is anything wrong with the line or give us any clues as to where to look for the issue. Let me know if there is any other information that would be helpful.

Not sure how you track it but as we couldn't seem to rejoin it to the old one my broadband username is now "lauraphen".

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
drivenout
Dabbler

Re: intermittent internet drop out

Forgot i can look at admin/support activity Just noticed this on my account...

Service Notice #350141245

Service Notification
12:34am, Monday 15 Jan 2018
Bandwidth usage has been reset

May be a complete coincidence but this seems to roughly tie up with the start of the issue so may be related. Is this in response to something we have done? Doesn't seem to give a huge amount of detail but i guess isn't directly meant for us.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @drivenout

Thanks for getting in touch.

Having reviewed your account it looks as though the drops in connection are related to your wifi signal rather than a physical drop between yourself and the BT exchange.

I've posted a ticket to your account with some advice on how to get this resolved. You can view the ticket here

Thanks,

Dave

Robander80
Dabbler

Sorry to jump onto this thread, but i seem to be having the same issue with intermittent drop outs lasting for around 20-30 seconds. All the devices stay connected wirelessly to the router, just no internet.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Robander80 Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I've tested your line and I can see the connection is dropping but our tests aren't highlighting any particular cause.

I'd recommend raising a fault here so our Faults team can look into this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team