cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent broadband

pynkphizee

intermittent broadband

i have had open reach out 3 times since the week before christmas, i have a new plusnet router directly attached but sstill the wifi is [-Censored-] and intermittent, i was told by the engineer i was getting 15mb but when i watch a movie even late at night or in the early hours it staggers, doesnt matter who i watch with google youtube or amazon and even the echo dot will not work, i show speeds between 0.2-8mb and id swings up and down and cuts out.. its not good enough if its a faulty router please send another because its driving me nuts

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: intermittent broadband

Hi @pynkphizee and welcome to the forum!

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your broadband service.

After testing the line, I have increased the SNR margin to 6dB and placed an order to pin the settings to prevent it from happening in future. I'm afraid without testing another router, it is difficult to say if this is the cause of the problem. Are you experiencing the issue solely on wireless or wired as well?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
pynkphizee

mostly wireless but my router also shows no connected devices but i know

there are 2x wired and at least 4 wireless and wont always let me log into it im constantly getting bad gateway

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @pynkphizee,

I've had a look at your connection over the last few days and I can see that until earlier today, the connection had remained stable for 10 days. Are you aware of any changes to the internal setup in the last 24 hours that may have caused the connection to start dropping again? Also, please can you confirm if you have attempted to set the router up within the test socket at the property? If not, I would highly recommend this and a guide on how to do this can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pynkphizee

i have tried this its why i thought it was a router issue im also going into a new bt socket with built in filter but its the same issue i have had since before the problem started and today someone else was on my line talking

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @pynkphizee,

I'm sorry to hear this didn't help to resolve the issue. I've reviewed the case again this afternoon and raised a further response to the open fault ticket on your account, which can be found here.

Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket, please let us know so that we may pick this back up for further investigation as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team