Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittant loss of connection for a split second

Griff7520
Grafter

intermittant loss of connection for a split second

Hi all

in the last few days I have noticed a loss off connection for a few seconds . It can happen while gaming, or changing a page while browsing or when streaming a movie to the tv down stairs. Would it be possible to get my line checked from PlusNet's end to see if they are seeing the connection dropping, if not I know it must be my end. Don't know if its my router or not.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: intermittant loss of connection for a split second

Hi @Griff7520,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I've tested your line today and aside from a brief period of downtime earlier this morning, the connection appears to have been up and running stably over the last few days. I've also not been able to detect any internal or external faults when running our testing and so I'd like to ask a couple of question to help narrow down where the issue may lie.

Firstly, please could you confirm if this issue occurs across Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections? Please could you also confirm if this occurs across all of your devices or only on certain ones?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Griff7520
Grafter

Re: intermittant loss of connection for a split second

Hi

I am pretty sure it is my end, I have been working on it all day and I believe I have fixed it. I think it was my cable, I have swapped it for a new one and the problem has stopped. 

I will report back if it starts again

thanks.