cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interleaving off on adsl2+

chrisyoung
Grafter

interleaving off on adsl2+

Before i had my interleaving turned off i was syncing around 22000 with a profile of 19000 i could through a stone at the exchange i am that close.
but ever since having interleaving turned of the dlm has changed my snr target everyday and is now at 22 giving me a sync of around 9000.
surely interleaving does not have this massive effect.
In my last house on a long line i only lost 1000kps of bandwidth from 7000 to 6000 when turning interleaving off.
Why on a better line is it having a worse effect?
7 REPLIES 7
scootie
Grafter

Re: interleaving off on adsl2+

with you syncing so high it should'nt make a huge diffrence.
what the error counts like?
James
Grafter

Re:interleaving off on adsl2+

Hi Chris,
Generally an SNR of 22dB, suggests that you'll be on a banded profile.
Check to see if your connection is remaining stable over the next few days and we can ask BT to remove the band should there be one.
chrisyoung
Grafter

i recently got a new belkin router which dosnt seem to have an error log. (or i cant find it)
i use this router cause it gives me a higher sync and better ping but oddly enough a higher line Attenuation at 34 but on my other router it is 26.
scootie
Grafter

my netgear reports a 3db higher atten than the thomson.
but i can only asume such a big diffrence likely that is due to the band or becuse of the extra tones your using with +
a belkin i brought and took back gave me a 1-2 ms lower ping over my netgear. but its settings you could play with was very limited and routerstats didnt work so i hunted high and low for another broadcom netgear v4
i find the broadcom chip be better on my long line
chrisyoung
Grafter

SNR is still at 22 for the 3rd day running now. were as it was being changed every day up until then could this be a banded profile then.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:interleaving off on adsl2+

Hi Chris,
There is a banded profile on there (4-9mb). I'll see what I can do about getting that removed for you.
chrisyoung
Grafter

cheers