cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idle timeout reached

alanalpha
Dabbler

idle timeout reached

over last few months i have had problems with my broadband resulting in having a temp static ip (first to fix new netowrk 50xxxxx dynamic ip problems until they are fixed)

and interleaving turned on due to daily connection droppings (idle timeouts) first at night and then starting to happen during the day

which seemed to do the trick (even if upping my lag in games)

now i am seeing my downsteam SNR jumping around like a kangaroo and then just now a drop out with the old idle timeout reached error while in the middle of an online game and my upstream rate has also been slashed in half to 450kbps (the drop out this time kept my dsl alive....)

screenshot provided in attachments shows routerstats graph of down noise margin and router broadband status page

now i am asking what is going on? what is causing it

nothing on my end has changed in over a year

i cant afford an engy visit if he doesnt / cant find anything so can anyone gimmy some ideas?

my router is plugged into the test socket but i run a phone extension cable to my computer and phone as i dont have a power outlet near the master socket or a suitable table / shelf (stud dividing wall thats falling apart anyway)

remember nothing has changed in the last year in my house or my setup (bar windows 10 being forced down everyones throats)

any idea please?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: idle timeout reached

my router is plugged into the test socket but i run a phone extension cable to my computer and phone as i dont have a power outlet near the master socket or a suitable table / shelf (stud dividing wall thats falling apart anyway)

Is it possible to run a power extension lead to the test socket to eliminate the phone extension cable? It'd be a good test to see if you get the same issues with that set up.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alanalpha
Dabbler

Re: idle timeout reached

would love to but i also dont have a shelf or anything to stand the router on and it would mean a double extension cord job (nearest socket is an extension cord which powers the front door step light) ill try and figure sommit out for it but any other ideas in meantime?