cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does transfer to new property take?

narkysez

how long does transfer to new property take?

Moving home and am still on same exchange but I was wondering how long it takes to come back online. Had moving date with yourselves as the first and was switched off accordingly but any it ended up that I can't move till tomorrow but up to yesterday the line was still dead in new digs. Will it be up and running this weekend?
9 REPLIES 9
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: how long does transfer to new property take?

Hi narkysez,
Welcome to our community forums.
I can see that your services are due to go active tomorrow, let us know how you get on.
narkysez

Got phone but still no internet.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Has your router synced with the exchange? If so I suggest giving CS a call and asking them to activate your line. The systems should do this automatically when BT close off the job, but sometimes that is slow to happen.
Note: there will be a small risk that the back end work BT still have to do is not complete, in which case it won't work - but charging will commence on activation. Also faults can't be raised until the job is closed off.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your broadband order is showing has complete, have you tried logging into your router interface and click connect?
narkysez

????Huh
narkysez

Well by ?? I mean yeah but yellow triangle on computer signal and additional log on information may be required followed by technicolor login screen on browser. Broadband and WiFi lights still flashing after reset, switched on & off at back, unplugged. Plusnet assist. Is it because I'm still using old box atm?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, the line's not showing in sync so that'll be why it's not connecting - is the router in the master socket, and is everything else plugged into the line filtered? If so, please could you try connecting the router to the test socket behind the master socket front plate to see if that makes any difference?
dusty762
Dabbler

4mths still not working ...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI, I've just replied to your post about that here: I've just replied to your post here dusty762: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118999.16/topicseen.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team