cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i leave plusnet and any charges?

brettking24
Grafter

how do i leave plusnet and any charges?

Hi i am considering leaving plusnet and was wonder how i go about it,i will need a mac code so i can join another isp,how long would it take to get a mac code?are there any payments to make when leaving,i have been with plusnet for 2 or 3 years now and also changed product 12 months ago to premier 3

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: how do i leave plusnet and any charges?

Hi Brett,
There's no outstanding deferred items or contracts on your account, so the only fees that you would owe would be subscription charges in your 30 day notice period.
Is there any particular reason why you're looking at leaving?  Anything that we can do to make you want to stay? Smiley
brettking24
Grafter

Thanks for the fast reply,sky are offering broadband with unlimited downloads and up to 16mb,all this for £10 a month as im already a sky customer,im currently paying £30 a month,if i left plusnet how would i go about getting the mac code and how much would i have left to pay as my monthly payment has come out of my bank acc

thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

http://www.plus.net/unlimited_broadband/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Hi Brett,
You can get your MAC Code by calling 0845 140 6002.  You would need to pay approximately an extra £5 to cover you up until the end of the 30 day notice period.
I'm sorry that we can't compete with Sky for the amount of usage that you're looking for.  I hope you might consider coming back once our ADSL2+ services are up and running to get the better speeds that you're seeking.
brettking24
Grafter

thanks,would i get the mac code right away after calling that number provided?also will that be the only thing i will need so i can get connected without having to lose broadband when switching isp?looking to change this week or next so dont want to be without broadband for longer than a day
James
Grafter

Those are the questions you should be asking your new ISP Smiley  I shouldn't have thought there would be any great period of downtime if they don't screw up your order.
You should be able to get your MAC Code on that phonecall, yes.
markrach
Grafter

Quote from: brettking24
Thanks for the fast reply,sky are offering broadband with unlimited downloads and up to 16mb,all this for £10 a month as im already a sky customer,im currently paying £30 a month,if i left plusnet how would i go about getting the mac code and how much would i have left to pay as my monthly payment has come out of my bank acc

thanks

Can i just put my penny in (as a sky customer) i took out their deal on MAX upto 16 mb and i have had nothing but problems with them , slow BB in the evening (everyone loggin on and draining the bandwidth) rubbis tech support (other may say different), rubbish router that you "HAVE" to use or you are breaking the T&C's , although you can use your own but before long SKY will crack down on this . I bailed and came here not even a week into having sky !! a few others on skyusers forum have jumped ship too .
Oh and one last point if you line does not hold a sync of 8mb they will put you on G.DMT not ADSL2+ 992.3 Annex A <-- they say is + but wiki says different . I had to screem and shout before they moved me .
techguy
Grafter

Be interesting to see if Sky BB is still around in 5 years, I very much doubt it in its present form.
I also think the same about Be/O2 as the networks will get choked with bandwidth hoggers and there's only so much capacity a business can add while staying profitable as while they may own LLU networks, it'll be the edge routers and the upstream transit costs that'll finish them off.
Out of interest I had a look at the basic components needed to build an ISP (hardware and services), I stopped at looking at the prices of the BT Centrals as the costs made my eyes water.
James
Grafter

I'd be very surprised if Sky Broadband wasn't around, given its financial backing.
If you think Sky Broadband is profitable, you are very much mistaken.  It's merely being cross subsidised.