cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I know if I'm on 21CN?

gyre
Grafter

how do I know if I'm on 21CN?

Several weeks ago I had an e-mail out of the blue from plusnet saying that my order would be completed in Jan.  Since I'd been a happy plusnet user for a year or two, this seemed a bit odd.
When I rang up to find out what was going on, apparently I was being moved to 21CN on the 6th or 7th of Jan.
The time has come and gone.  And I've no idea whether I'm on 21CN or not.  I've rebooted the router a few times.
As I'm on an older plusnet account  BBYW 3, I think, and usually only get around 1.5Mbit/s, I can't easily tell whether I've been 'upgraded' in any way, nor what form that upgrade will take.
I've left an internal support question, but it's not been answered.  So I wonder...
How can I tell if I'm on 21CN now, being as my router still says I'm using G.992.1 annex A, and no other stats have apparently changed.
Additionally, even if I'm moved over to 21CN, am I still subject to the older 20CN bras profile rules and their slow changes, or do I get the faster 21CN ones?
Thanks!
-- gyre --
4 REPLIES 4
ramidoodle
Grafter

Re: how do I know if I'm on 21CN?

hi,
Your on ADSL1 on 21CN. TBH, you won't notice any difference at all if you are on ADSL2+ so there is no point of regrading the service to ADSL2+
gyre
Grafter

Thanks.  Smiley
I just wanted to know whether I'd been moved or not, and it wasn't obvious.
The only difference I have noticed in the last couple of days is that my attenuation which used to be 63.5dB (or worse) is now reported as 62dB.  I guess one could say that's an improvement  Smiley

-- gyre --
bluewhale
Rising Star

Quote from: RamiDoodle
hi,
you won't notice any difference at all if you are on ADSL2+ so there is no point of regrading the service to ADSL2+

apart from the randon disconnects, random banding and general random nature of the adsl2+ service
sorry couldn't resist  Wink
gyre
Grafter

Joy.
I'm already seeing random ping increases after 6pm to WoW server.  What fun.
-- gyre --