cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help....

darkarrows
Grafter

Re: help....

so it looks like yet another 72 hours wait....this is pathetic now Surely there must be someone at my local exchange that can sort this problem im getting very irate now and its getting beyond the joke everytime i phone up all i get told is give it 72 hours but to my calculations friday to monday is 72.....friday to thursday is 96+ hours....so yeah i wish i stayed on the line for my MAC code now as this is a joke!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The 72 hours comment is a timescale we quote as it can take that long for us to receive a response. In reality it shouldn't be that long and I'll also keep an eye on the ticket so I can update you asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
darkarrows
Grafter

thanks chris Also could the fact i can't use bt_test@startup_domain on my router to test speeds be any help to the issue?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

After speaking to one of the other guys on the faults team we've come to a similar conclusion, we think your line is incorrectly jumpered at the exchange. I'll let you know any more information as we get it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
darkarrows
Grafter

i know this is a shot in the dark but seeing its still early is there no way anyone could call BT wholesale and see if someone is Available at the Exchange at this moment to Rule this possibility out?
because  im really losing heart and patients with all of this now...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi darkarrows,
We can't book appointments on the same day as they're requested I'm afraid. It might be that an engineer has already been tasked from the fault, but this is extremely unlikely.
Rest assured we'll get it sorted as soon as is possible.
darkarrows
Grafter

ive just been doing some searching on the web and from what i can make out because i was with Talk Talk / Tiscali chances were that i was on there LLU network so i dont think ive been put on the wrong jumper i just think its the fact im still connected too there LLU network as i can't use any of the BT speed test or BT logins as you have to be IPstream to use them and if your LLU u can't use them
darkarrows
Grafter

You can check to see if Tiscali have LLU'd your exchange using the adsl checker.
However, the following test can help check if you are on Tiscali LLU, but please bear in mind that the test will also work if you are on a Tiscali DataStream service.
You will need to change your router or modem settings to the following:-
username: testing@dslconnect.co.uk
password: testing
From there you may also be able to navigate to: http://www.dslconnect.co.uk
i have just tried that and it let me log in with that on my router so i am still on a LLU network!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi darkarrows,
You can't still be on the LLU network as you've got a working connection to us, I'm not sure why the dslconnect login is working - it's most likely related to the fault but if you hadn't been moved back you wouldn't be able to connect to us at all. We'll keep an eye on it for you and let you know as soon as there's any more information.
darkarrows
Grafter

but in theory i don't have a working connection too you...but it worked for me and i can give you screen shots if you wish 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your username was sent to our servers, was accepted, and a connection (albeit a slow one) was initiated. That's what I mean by a successful connection. It wouldn't have happened if the jumpering work hadn't been done.
I don't doubt that the dslconnect login worked, I'm just saying that the reason it worked wasn't because the jumpering wasn't done. I'm afraid I don't know why it did work though.
darkarrows
Grafter

could it be a tagging issue then or does plusnet have a LLU service so we can try that incase this is the reason im having all these problems
darkarrows
Grafter

i have just got off the phone with a Techy and he confirmed that i still connecting to tiscali's LLU how we don't know but i am should all be sorted by weds -fingers crossed-