cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help setting PN email up

scootie
Grafter

help setting PN email up

up till now there has only bein one mailbox on my PN account and iam having trouble setting a second mailbox up.
The problem is that i set new mailbox up and setup windows mail(fresh on diffrent computer to what the oraginal mailbox settings are on) but when i log in to collect the email of the new mailbox iam all so picking the oraginal mailbox's up to Huh
any one got a clue which setting i have set wrong/overlooked?
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: help setting PN email up

If you login to the two mailboxes using [url-http://webmail.plus.net]Webmail[/url] I'm presuming the contents of the two mailboxes differ?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

sorted now. abit  Embarrassed was using wrong login. i was using the new mail box's name with its new password and getting no connection to server. so was using the oraginal mail box's (post master) login's deatils to pick the mail up.
didnt know i had to use this as username (new mailbox name+oraginal username)  Roll_eyes
can some one still explain why when i was using the oraginal username and password i was able to pick up the new mail box as well as the old?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: ASBO
can some one still explain why when i was using the oraginal username and password i was able to pick up the new mail box as well as the old?

From the Manage My Mail pages when you create a mailbox:
Quote from: Manage
Add mailbox confirmation
Thanks. You've successfully added a new mailbox.
Please allow up to 30 minutes for this change to take effect.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵