cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grrrr latency back to old tricks.

scootie
Grafter

grrrr latency back to old tricks.

right cod lag meter right down to 1 bar at midnight after 2ing and throwing between 3 and 4 bars all day.
the first 2 ping checks i have done to the PN dns server are not showing any packet loss any more, but the latency has gone back to where we started.
might as well pay my subs to fairground and at least i get some fun on the merry go round for my money Smiley
unlike this current merry go round where on.
i would be pulling my hair out right now but i havent got any  Crazy
This dog feels like he needs re homing right now.
Any plans in the new products to keep a couple of vip gateways just for those with low sync's or there biggest ask of there connection is latency and not maxing are 21mb lines with p2p and other downloads ?
47 REPLIES 47
scootie
Grafter

Re: grrrr latency back to old tricks.

00.30 and still not looking pretty.
guess i will pack my xbox back in its box for a week or 2 yet again.( and no comments like. Is'nt 2 weeks the time it takes to get an xbox to germany and back ;D)
Ive gone from being in the top 10,000  rank in TDM kills to well in to the 20,000's since going on this trial.
Boy i hope when the adsl2+ products are launched that us trialist's dont feel used and abused by PN.
scootie
Grafter

back to normal now at 02.20.
i had ago at playing cod waw from 1am- 2am and most matchs where fine but when i started getting  lag in say 1 in 3 matches it was flat out 1 bar.
which is strange as the below pings where only captured 10 mins after i fhinshed on the xbox due to getting lagged fragged in the last match
James
Grafter

I've let Dave know about this thread so that he can share his insight.
itsme
Grafter

Seem to follow the times that packets are being dropped.
James
Grafter

Yes - We hit capacity on our ADSL2+ platform from between about midnight and 2am.
Trying to find out why ICMP traffic is seeing latency spikes at that time when it should be prioritised above P2P/Usenet traffic.
scootie
Grafter

iam sure  icmp pings are classed as 0xa0 same as gaming thats why i use  icmp to get a gd picture of what latency iam getting on the xbox
just to make things clear.
packet loss down to 0% again but the latency has gone back to the sort of levels(about 1/2 to 3/4 of the average latency seen first time round)when the problem started a few weeks ago
scootie
Grafter

still got lag bang on midnight. so bad that i couldnt even move on cod waw.
didnt test pings just switched the xbox off and then maxed my line out with down an uploads all night.
come on PN its cheaper for you if you keep latency good as i dont let any other traffic on my line when gaming  Smiley
James
Grafter

We're doing some stuff with BT.  Just waiting on some confirmation before we actually what what we've done Smiley
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

BT found something wrong last night, do you know what the latency was like after midnight this morning?
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
scootie
Grafter

i didnt save the ping i did at 00.30.
But midnight ticked over and the cod waw match i was hosting, ended due to poor conection to host but after that every thing was fine.
The ping i did at 00.30 i think the average over 70 packets was 20 to 30 ms Undecided it was huge improvment tho and  no high spikes in latency at all very stable compared to latency of past
i thought it might just of been that the network didnt max out last night but seems what BTw found was the nail that needed hitting
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, we're hopeful that the fix BT did last night will mean it's fine tonight, having said that we've just finished the work to the IPStream Connect Traffic on to the second host link as well which should help as well. Let us know what you see. I'm in at 7am tomorrow to do the changes for iPlayer and SopCast so won't get chance to see what it's like on my connection late on.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
scootie
Grafter

tonights pings so far
one has pings of my router at same time just to make sure wireless wasnt at fault if your wondering what it is
EDIT.
they seemed to settle down at the click of finger bang on 00.29 by my pc's clock and that last one upto 00.36 was looking perfect till the last 30-60 seconds it had a run of high pings
EDIT 2
added a quick 2 min run looking at that one i think its about safe to enter the battle field again. every time i get killed a can blame it on the random ping spike Grin
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Made what I hope is the final tweak to sort this out. Let us know what you see over the weekend please.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
scootie
Grafter

latency was still very unstable last night from midnight to just before 1am.
ping captures are on diff pc so will added them later on