cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphic of disconnects

barireid
Grafter

graphic of disconnects

can someone get me a graphic of the disconnects on my line in the last few days - have seen them posted a few times on here
(username is barireidpo)
cheers
23 REPLIES 23
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: graphic of disconnects

I think you might have a problem there!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
barireid
Grafter

It took me three attempts to post the original message!
Had ongoing problems for months now and been told there is a problem at the exchange but all plusnet/openreach want to do is send the same, poor, engineer around me and my neighbours to keep the customer service stats sweet
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've read through your fault and can see you're not to keen on another engineer attending. I notice you say that other people are having issues on the same exchange, do you know if they've reported this?
We need to get an engineer out as it stands to take this further with our suppliers, once we get the engineer notes back we'll pursue this.
barireid
Grafter

yes, they have definitely reported the problems and had visits from engineers.
As you have read through the fault, can you perhaps tell me the purpose of another engineers visit to my property? (costing me more time off work)
The last time the engineer visited he "boosted" the line for a couple of days (in which time there were no problems and normal speeds) then he came and did some tests, said there was nothing obvious on the line and there was a problem at the exchange and that other people were having similar issues, then went away -  a few days later the question was closed on the system, then I returned to slow speeds and connection drops and have to start from scratch with plusnet claiming its faulty equipment at my end.
can you not use the engineers notes from the last visit to say that there was nothing obvious on the line? as I know that's what he will say since the problem has been never gone away or been dealt with - and that would save me wasting a morning off work waiting around.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We have attempted to use the notes from the last engineer visit, we have been requested to send another engineer. We can give more detailed notes this time and also use the last engineer notes.
We did request that we didn't have to go down this route again but we have been advised that we need too.
barireid
Grafter

so what exactly is the purpose of the engineer visiting the place where the problem isn't?!
I do not want to waste more time of work to sit in waiting for an engineer, do you realise how much hassle/time/money it costs to not work for a morning whilst an engineer comes to visit again, and do the same tests again?!
It is clear to me that there is no interest in actually fixing the issue here, after the last time when I raised a complaint again - I was told my speed was "acceptable" and plusnet wouldn't raise the issue with bt.
Can you tell me what the purpose of the engineer coming out to diagnose the same fault for a second time is? surely that is a fairly straight forward question...
what additional/different tests will be carried out when he visits?
Why are the notes from the first visit not suitable?
why does the engineer need access to my property when the issue is not with anything that can be tested from within my property?
Who has requested you send the engineer out again?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

BT Wholesale have requested that we send another engineer out and will not progress this further without doing so, we can push this back again and see if we can do without an engineer visit but we may just get told no.
No fault is being found on your line when tested, so it requires an engineer visit.
We don't want to send engineers where unnecessary.
I can see you've called in, I've spoken with Luke who is going to call you back and go through this with you.
barireid
Grafter

well, seems like it is heading back to the start of the repeat pattern again - engineer visit (a day later than arranged) where they couldn't find any issue on the line  (but at least this one rewired the master socket) and said to "keep an eye on it"
whilst the line speed is sitting at 8mbps - as it always has - my download speed varies between 1 and 4.5mpbs and has settled around 2mbps for the moment, no doubt when I query this again I will get the reply that it can't be reported as it is within the acceptable range again, so we will go back to waiting for the drop outs and even slower speeds...
it really is an amazing waste of time going through this process
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I've just given the agent looking after your fault a nudge so you should be contacted about this shortly, sorry for the delay. Hope we get it fixed for you soon.
barireid
Grafter

cheers - it's another engineers visit on the cards.... poor guy
barireid
Grafter

A "boost" engineer none the less!!
barireid
Grafter

there is nothing better than taking time off work to wait for an engineers visit then having no one show up/contact you, and the fault being updated as "waiting for engineers report"!!
As I have said several times - I am very unhappy at having to take more time off work to get this problem resolved - paying for rubbish broadband is one thing, but losing money and time at work for a no-show is an absolute disgrace - I have updated the ticket saying that if yet another visit is required by the engineer, it will have to be outside of office hours because I am unwilling to have further expense when it is clear no care is given to my (the paying customers!) time...
I note that there have been some comments on the ticket saying the line is stable, which it has been for some time, however the fluctuations in line speed have never been addressed
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really sorry about that, I've just spoke with Nick who is chasing this up and will be in-touch.
barireid
Grafter

second appointment was meant to be today - have got an email from plusnet at 7:05 saying
"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ -------- ] has now been returned to the CSC - Faults - NG pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible."
Can I assume from that, that there will be no visit again?
(having said that the connection has been stable and fast for a few days now)