cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got my sync rate bac by using this program DMT

scootie
Grafter

got my sync rate bac by using this program DMT

well a week ago this town had a power cut an since then my sync rate was rubish and my snr margin was yo yoing about and 1 or 2 line drops aday.
was reading some posts on this forum and come across a program called DMT this allows u to get detailed results of your snr margin as well as lots more info but the best part of the program is to manual set the dslam snr default which has got my sync rate back again. an extra 1mb .
Why is this program not being shouted about.
well its defo my new best bit of kit for now.
6 REPLIES 6
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: got my sync rate bac by using this program DMT

It's quite clever, but doesn't work with all routers. And there can be issues if you push things too far.  Angry
I've used it myself and mentioned it very recently in another thread.
I never used it to change things, just check. It proved I could easily update from 2Mb to 8Mb and get top speeds.
And so it turned out, but my ISP had other issues so I'm on my way here (later this week I hope).  Grin
What router have you got?
James
Grafter

Good spot.
It's a very useful piece of software that allows you to force the SNR on your connection.  Sadly it doesn't work on all routers though, but it is very handy on those that it does work with!
scootie
Grafter

voyager 210 this site that tells u how to use it. hasnt got 210 listed, but has got all the other voyagers any way it works even on vista.
set my snr bac down to 6db and gave me my oranginal sync speed bac got it checkin the snr every 2mins and save it in txt file so i will see tomoz night if its pretty stable.
scootie
Grafter

for got to put the site link in duh. http://www.kitz.co.uk/tute/voyager2100_DMT.htm.
is this site something to do with plusnet as its got a few bits about plus net on it.
scootie
Grafter

question to any one thats used this DMT program.
When i switch my router off voyger 210 the snr setting the DMT has set. the dslam seems to override what DMT told it to set at .
Any ideas how to keep the setting dmt sets the snr at even when u power down the router????
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Kitz's website is a goldmine of information about ADSL, well worth a visit. One of the most frequently referenced pages is that entitled 'Getting Line Stats from your Modem/Router' which is here.
Kitz is a customer of PlusNet and posts on these forums and those of the UserGroup (as well as elsewhere), but her website has no connection with PlusNet.
David