cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goodbye plusnet fibre ! due to lack of unlimited downloads !!!!!

martynsingleton
Grafter

goodbye plusnet fibre ! due to lack of unlimited downloads !!!!!

well its been 2 months, its been good and bad, my speeds have been up and down, and to be honest im not impressed with plustnet, the measly 60gb packaage i was on for fibre isnt worth diddly squat, so they upgraded me to 120gb, but alas, im approaching that and i still have 2 wks to go to end of month ( billing period ) my gripe is that they cannot offer unlimited fibre as BT do, same lines, same exchange, as as ive mentioned before same company.. and as im on 98gb at the mo, i know i will go over the 120gb i am alowd, and stuff paying for every gb over and above that... Angry
so its adios amigos to plusnet.. seems even the rentenion team couldnt or wouldnt help..  Shocked Angry
to make matters worse im being hit with a £120 leaving fee !!! i will be taking my phone line with me too now..
roll on  mac code and bt unlimited infinity  :D.. might take my phone line too, oh and my business internet too..
21 REPLIES 21
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: goodbye plusnet fibre ! due to lack of unlimited downloads !!!!!

might take my phone line too, oh and my business internet too..

I can understand talking about leaving if our fibre products don't meet your personal requirements but is there anything else that's making you consider taking the other services away?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
martynsingleton
Grafter

yes the 115 charge your putting on me for taking my fibre product away !!! to go and join BT whom are under the same unbrella as you.. if this can be waived or reduced i wouldnt be considering taking my other services away, but to leave them just cuts deep..
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

yes the 115 charge your putting on me for taking my fibre product away !!!

It's not really a fee to take the product away, I know that doesn't help your situation but most of that fee relates to forgoing the 18 month contract. In case you haven't seen it there's a breakdown on ticket 51653542.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Contracts work both ways.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm not sure what you mean nozzer? Everything seems to be in hand with this one but I'd urge the OP to get in touch with me if they have any concerns.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mitchell20
Grafter

Move to Sky Fibre (which was announced last week) - as per their broadband, fibre is also going to be 100% unlimited and 100% unmanaged and for Sky TV subscribers it will only cost you £20 a month. http://goo.gl/XUZy2
Sky is also one of the cheapest line rental/calls providers now as well.
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

@_Adam_Walker_
I mean that martynsingleton entered into a contract with PN so he has to honour his side of the bargain.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I get you now, just wasn't sure where you were coming from Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

Quote from: martynsingleton
might take my phone line too, oh and my business internet too..

Strikes me as very much toys out of the pram.  You knew the terms when you signed up so thats the way the cookie crumbles.  I have to say I am gob smacked how you can download 120GB a month anyway  Shocked Shocked
knorrie

@BRABUS
>I have to say I am gob smacked how you can download 120GB a month anyway
You could borrow my teenagers if you like (actually you could keep them) - they'll show you  Sad
KenN
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

My two are 11 and 13 (I think) and, like knorrie, I'd happily lend / give them to anyone who needs bandwidth used up quickly  Crazy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The OP has a point about teenagers. I will get no where near my 40Gb allowance this month, but when the "teenagers" came home (as they always seem to do) at Christmas, I considered upgrading to 120Gb.  Crazy
It's quite frightening the amount of bandwidth facebook, skype, twitter and the rest take up. Wonder if QOS is the answer?
Gerry.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Wonder if QOS is the answer?

Have you thought about charging them for any extra bandwidth? that could cut costs and act as a deterrent Wink
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

They'd just demand extra pocket money to cover the costs.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.