cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going over the download limit?

phlim
Grafter

going over the download limit?

Smiley hi, im new to plusnet, and am currently on the Plusnet pro package.
im happy with the package as i get good ping and good download speed, but was wandering what happens when and if i go over my download limit? will i get reduced download speed? have to pay for extra gb's? etc
also i believe for a gaming package with all these multiplayer games coming out i think the 15gb should be moved to 20 Wink i believe this would be a much needed boost which will get more gamers onto this package
thanks in advanced Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: going over the download limit?

you will need to pay for extra GB
Be3G
Grafter

Interesting point that about 15 vs 20GB actually. The last time the usage on this product (well, its ancestral equivalent) was increased was, amazingly, three whole years ago - I've still got the e-mail dated 20th June 2006 when Plusnet announced that they were upping the limit to 15GB from 10GB. Yet, in that time, as far as I'm aware the wholesale costs of broadband have fallen considerably. Once you factor in PN Pro's 12 month contract (whereas you could get BBYW Pro for the same price on a one month contract only a few months ago), my suspicion is that Plusnet are effectively using PN Pro to subsidise Value and Unlimited - and that therefore it's unlikely to see much of an increase in usage for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.
phlim
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
you will need to pay for extra GB

ok cool, how much per GB?
ah thats unfortunate about the usage limit, but oh well..
Be3G
Grafter

£2 per 2GB or part thereof.
phlim
Grafter

k thanks Smiley